Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 10/10/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Office of CTO for the City of Washington DC is looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer to join their Citywide IT Security Program.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
The Technical Writer will facilitate development of Cyber Security documentation including policies, standards, processes and procedures incorporating industry standards and best practices (Required 6 Years)
Experience creating IT System/Network documentation (Required 6 Years)
Experience writing IT specifications to include process flow charts and entity relationships (Required 6 Years)
Experience with creating system and network processes diagrams and models in MS Visio (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 6 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
A qualified candidate in this position translates business specifications into users/engineer documentation. The technical writer plans, writes and maintains systems and user support documentations. A wide range of creativity is expected. Qualified candidates will write and edit a variety of technical articles, reports, manuals and presentations for a wide range of uses. They will also work with other members of a mission-critical government services team from planning stages through final release, schedules, plan review cycles, and maintain version control.
1. Assist in creating, updating, and enhancing cybersecurity strategies, plans and procedures to continuously strengthen district’s IT security posture
2. Develops and maintains operational procedure and system documentation
3. Collaborate in development and maintenance of cyber security policies and procedures
4. Provide audit support by addressing documentation related action items
5. Provide policy expertise and support in cyber security and privacy waiver/exception requests and policy inquiries
6. Identify policy gaps and policy changes required to maintain compliance in accordance with industry best practices
7. Conduct surveys and assist in the initiation of new policies and procedures
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.