Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OIG – 717 14th Street, NW, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20005
Position closes 01/24/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Designs and builds relational databases. Performs data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs designing, creating, deploying, and managing data architecture in an enterprise environment (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs hands-on management of SQL Server 2008 or higher, Oracle, or IBM DB2, involving implementation of schemas, indexes, and query optimization (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs building an IT system roadmap (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs system diagramming/modeling using structured modeling language like UML (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Cloud based technology (Required 8 Years)
Designing and building relational databases. Performing data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation. (Required 11 Years)
Developing strategies for data acquisition, archive recovery, and implementation of a database. (Required 11 Years)
Developing data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems. (Required 11 Years)
Coordinating with business users to develop scripts, queries, or software code to accomplish specific requirements or tasks. (Required 11 Years)
Experience with risk management databases (Highly desired 4 Years)
11-15 yrs as an Enterprise Architect (Highly desired 11 Years)
The DC OIG is an organization that conducts audits, inspections, and investigations of government programs and operations. As the DC OIG moves forward with its mission of proactively identifying corruption, fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement, a robust data analytics program is required.
The work of the OIG’s analytics program requires combining data from varying internal and external District sources with multiple analytical platforms to meet the needs of data analysts. Doing so necessitates a robust information technology infrastructure, including designing and implementing an enterprise data warehouse, the technical knowledge for data acquisition from external sources, data security, and data ETL.
OIG is looking for a Data Architect to provide data architectural support in developing and implementing an enterprise data warehouse, developing and implementing a data acquisition plan, and assisting in integrating analytical systems in support of a robust data analytics capability. The Data Architect shall provide technical services in the area of systems development, database architecture, database design and development, data mapping, data modeling, data extract, transform, and load (ETL), custom coding, and integration for a variety of applications and data sources.
Enterprise Data Warehouse – The Contractor shall provide a Data Architect to develop and implement an enterprise Data Warehouse Solution in support of the OIG’s Risk Assessment and Future Planning (RAFP) Program. The data warehouse will serve as a centralized repository for multiple data sources from internal and external sources. The Contractor shall gather requirements from stakeholders, prepare Data Warehouse Requirements Document, and create Data Warehouse Design Document for approval by the OIG. The Data Warehouse Requirements Document will include usability requirements, security requirements, businesses requirements, data requirements, query requirements, and interface requirements. The Data Warehouse Design Document shall include the operational requirements, application architecture, information architecture, interface architecture, technology architecture, and security architecture.
Qualifications – The Contractor shall have a thorough understanding of modern information technology infrastructure practices and possess at least ten (11) years of experience conducting the following:
1. Designing and building relational databases. Performing data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
2. Developing strategies for data acquisition, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
3. Working in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, and metadata repository creation.
4. Translating business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
5. Defining, designing, and building dimensional databases.
6. Developing data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
7. Reviewing and developing object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
8. Coordinating with business users to develop scripts, queries, or software code to accomplish specific requirements or tasks.
• Experience with risk management databases is a plus but they do not need to have exact experience
• Data Analytics, Queries, etc.
• Will be communicating and gathering/analyzing data from a dozen different agencies – some are large others are tiny.
Cloud based technology
Oracle or SQL
May need to obtain other technology to complete project
• Size of database(s) rather small – less than 1 Terabyte
• Expect the length of the project to be 1 year minimum
• Then they will turn it over to a developer to manage
• Individual role – will coordinate with Legal
1. Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
2. Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines.
3. Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
4. Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (Structured Query Language (SQL), Oracle, Sybase).
5. Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.