Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 01/29/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
1-5 years of experience provide guidance to customer support analysts in a network operations center department. Primary role involves preparing statement of work(SOW), assist with creating management reports, project plans, and documenting policies.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
1-5 yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 5 Years)
1-5 yrs provide quality customer service (Required 5 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in business or service management or equivalent experience (Required 9 Years)
1-5 yrs managing a program or team, working on customer support projects and preparing management project plans and reports (Required 5 Years)
Liaise with agencies to document their monitoring requirements. (Required 5 Years)
Escalation for Tier 1 customer support incidents. (Required 5 Years)
Ensure incidents are properly documented and triage in compliance with the NOC standard operating procedures (SOP). (Required 5 Years)
Solar wind experience (Highly desired 3 Years)
The NOC Lead Customer Support analyst is responsible for providing guidance to the customer support analysts and ensure that incidents are completely documented in compliance with the NOC standard operating procedures (SOP).
Liaise with District agencies to document their monitoring requirements.
Develop detailed project plans and prepare weekly management reports for all NOC projects.
Serve as the first level escalation for Tier 1 customer support incidents.
Ensure incidents are properly documented and triage in compliance with the NOC standard operating procedures (SOP).
Ensure all critical incidents are properly documented. followed-up and closed out in a timely manner by the team
An ideal candidate will be motivated to take ownership of daily and/or ongoing NOC projects. Be capable of contributing to improving customer service to District agencies
1. Provide technical assistance to computer system users on a variety of issues.
2. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
3. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
4. Documents, tracks, and monitors the incident, and/or project to ensure a timely completion and resolution.
5. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
6. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
7. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
8. Provide service and preventive maintenance activities on terminals, printers, personal computers basic knowledge of electrical/mechanical principles and basic electronics.
9. Reads and comprehends technical service manuals and publications.
10. Knowledge of basic mathematics to read and understand various gauges, meters, and measurement devices.
11. Able to diagnose and repair products by replacing worn or broken parts, and making technical adjustments.
12. Makes appropriate use of reference publications and diagnostic aids in resolving technical problems.
13. Strong communication skills.
14. Assists in coordination of changes, upgrades and new products, ensuring systems shall operate correctly in current and future environment.
15. Provides accurate and complete answers to general use and 35 administrative environment questions in a timely manner.
16. Implements shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
17. Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
18. Manages and reports time spent on all work activities.
19. Ability to work in a team environment.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.