Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCIO – 1101 4th Street SW Suite W350
Position closes 01/31/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
1-5 years of experience. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
1-5 yrs diagnosing and resolving end user computer/computer peripherals problems (Required 2 Years)
1-5 yrs providing second-tier support to end users, server, or mainframe apps/hardware (Required 2 Years)
1-5 yrs documenting, tracking and monitoring end user, server, or mainframe apps/hardware problems (Required 2 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 6 Years)
A+ Certification (Required 2 Years)
Remote support tools: Cloud Management Suite (Desired 2 Years)
Microsoft O365 (Desired 2 Years)
Asset Management (Desired 2 Years)
Microsoft Windows 10 (Required 2 Years)
Ability to: develop FAQ’s and test equipment/applications employing UAT (Required 2 Years)
Must be able to lift/carry 40 pounds; travel to offsite locations and complete other duties as assigned. (Required)
As part of the OCFO technology team, the I.T. Specialist-Cust Support Tech will provide I.T. support to OCFO enterprise customers by responding to requests received via telephone/email/ZenDesk. The IT Specialist duties include: rendering remote and on-site assistance; troubleshooting, resolving and /or escalating requests for resolution. The IT Specialist must become familiar with OCFO proprietary applications, Microsoft Office 2016/O365 and Windows 10 platform. Also, the I.T. Specialist will have daily call center tasks and be responsible for imaging desktops/laptops. Additionally, the applicant will be required to inventory, configure and deploy telecom devices, desktop computers, laptop computers and tablets. The applicant must have enterprise level experience, excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills, polished telephone etiquette and focus on providing outstanding customer service.
1. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
2. Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
3. Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
4. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
5. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
6. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
7. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
8. Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
9. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
10. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
11. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.