Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 03/19/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Senior Mobile Device Management (MDM) Consultant to provide advanced technical support, troubleshooting, monitoring and management of the enterprise Mobile Device infrastructure managing the enterprise VMware Workspace One, formally known as AirWatch.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Expert knowledge of Apple DEP and client requirements (Required 5 years)
Expert knowledge of Workspace One / AirWatch MDM (Required 5 years)
Knowledge and experience with the MDM / EMM platforms such as Airwatch, BES, GOOD, MobileIron, InTune (Required 5 years)
Strong knowledge of PowerShell scripting experience (Required 4 years)
3rd party LDAP / ADFS application integration knowledge (Required 3 years)
Strong knowledge of Office 365 and MDM Integration with Office 365 (Required 4 years)
Intune / Azure integration via GraphAPI (Required 2 years)
Experience with Apple Configurator and/or Apple School Manager (Required 5 years)
16 yrs as SME in complex enterprise level projects (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 16 years)
OCTO is seeking a Senior Mobile Device Management (MDM) to provide expert engineering services, advanced technical support, troubleshooting, monitoring and management of the enterprise Mobile Device backend infrastructure managing and supporting the District’s MDM environment, consisting of approximately 30,000 devices. The MDM consultant will be working with VMware Workspace One / AirWatch, InTune, Apple DEP and Android Enterprise. MDM consultant will provide engineering services, administration and support of the enterprise Workspace One / AirWatch environment. This individual must possess strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a team environment.
The Senior MDM Consultant will provide guidance in supporting the enterprise Workspace One / AirWatch environment as well as the integration with third party platforms. The Senior MDM Engineer should have expertise in the following domains: EMM, MDM, MCM, MAM, VMware Workspace One, AirWatch, Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, InTune and scripting. This role requires an in depth knowledge of O365, Microsoft Azure and VMware AirWatch MDM.
The Senior MDM Consultant will also be responsible for enterprise wide distribution of mobile applications as well as establishment and ongoing upkeep of technical documentation as needed to support the MDM environment and the associated MDM policies and procedures.
Responsibilities/Duties Include, but are not limited to:
• Expert level of Workspace One / AirWatch backend server and console support
• Perform console configuration as required to support mobile device management
• Configure device quarantine and mandatory enrollment policy for new O365 device activation
• Assist with day today enrollment/provisioning/monitoring of devices
• Provide recommendations for optimization and assist with implementation of any improvements identified
• Plan and coordinate upgrade and maintenance activities for the Workspace One / Airwatch environment
• Assist with tracking, monitoring, and troubleshooting as necessary
• Responsible for monitoring and resolving Service Desk escalated incident and problem tickets assigned to the Exchange team regarding Workspace One / AirWatch.
• All incidents should be worked to service level targets and resolutions documented in call detail.
• Monitor performance levels and capacity of supported applications, and assist in proper capacity planning and management.
• Support the existing Workspace One / AirWatch integration with Apple DEP and Android Enterprise
• Perform environment upgrades as new releases become available
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.