Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCIO – 1101 4th Street SW Suite W350, Washington DC 20024
Position closes 03/20/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs BA experience (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs requirements gathering and documentation (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs MS Office/PowerPoint experience (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 20 years)
Hands-on experience implementing Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) Suite in Public Sector (Required 5 years)
Hands-on experience in developing and documenting operational and processes, functions, and procedures involving Hyperion (Required 5 years)
Hands-on experience leading end-to-end implementation of new requirements, process changes and improvements requested by Stakeholders / business (Required 5 years)
Experience providing go-live, continuous improvement and Business support and proactively engage with Planning functions to facilitate Business requir (Required 5 years)
Hands-on experience in application configuration, governance and strategy as well as the implementation of Business change requests (Required 5 years)
Experience in the design and development of a Smart View Template Framework (Required 5 years)
Experience with Public Sector Budgeting (Required 5 years)
Detailed analytical abilities (Required 10 years)
The business system analyst is responsible for solving business problems, defining business architecture, process optimization, business rules, business cases, business requirements, organizational change (communications), and UAT.
• The role of Business System Analysis – Hyperion Financial Management is to understand and document current business procedures and identify areas for improvement. This person will provide hands on business process requirements analysis in support of Hyperion Financial Management Suite and related application. In collaboration with internal departments and external resources, plans, designs and implements financial systems solutions. A thorough understanding of the current state of the organization is necessary prior to recommending changes related to implementing a new business solution.
• Under general supervision, formulate and define system scope and objectives through research; as well as, demonstrate expertise with the Hyperion Financial Management suite
• The Business Systems analyst is responsible for the knowledge transfer of business requirements to the application/database developers and project managers.
• The Business Analyst shall be able to make cogent arguments recommending a course of action
• The Business Analyst need to scour through enormous amounts of information in the business area that they support to find the salient points.
• New business patterns happen all the time, and detecting them can provide a significant advantage. Business analyst shall be able to identify and address the change in business process
• Business analyst shall understand the variety of standard ideas and methods for requirements gathering and elicitation/translate what business wants into IT requirements and design specifications
• Business analyst shall be able to create trust between Business and IT
• Business analyst shall assist in identifying and implementing various software solutions
• Business analyst shall provide application support for business users
• Business analyst shall have ability to write functional design specification
• Business analyst shall have experience supporting data cleanup, data conversion and reconciliation activities
• Business analyst shall be able to review design specification developed by other analysts and provide feedback on design
• Business analyst shall be able to write white papers and solution recommendations as needed
• Business analyst shall be able to support testing and training activities
1. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
2. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
3. Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.