Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 04/18/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Acts as program or project manager for complex infrastructure or application development initiatives.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs in progressive consulting leadership role, providing full lifecycle services in enterprise environment (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs managing, coordinating, and establishing priorities for entire project lifecycle (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 4 years)
Previous experience supporting DC government infrastructure build/change projects (Required 10 years)
Knowledge of DCNet engineering standards (Required 15 years)
Experience in design/build/IT architecture for DC government facitlies (Required 10 years)
Communication with customers and/or internal groups to report or resolve system related or network issues.
• Work with third-party maintenance, DCnet staff and major internet backbone providers to identify and resolve customer affecting network, hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
• Tracking and documenting daily work tasks and issues and communicating them with the rest of the team.
• Thorough documentation of incident, Maintenance and problem details in near real-time.
• Ensure SLA’s are met for as per customer agreement
• Responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation.
• Designs, implements, and evaluates the systems that support end users in the productive use of computer hardware and software.
• Develops and implements user-training programs.
• Designs strategic infrastructure and coordinates activities to enable stakeholder participation in development of the next generation government network.
• Ensures government’s information systems are designed to be interoperable, secure, and able to authenticate and authorize appropriate access.
• Develops, plans and schedules, resource requirements, define milestones and deliverables, monitor activities, evaluate and report on accomplishments and shortfalls.
• Identify alternate solution sets that are unique.
• Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the health care network. • Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
• Evolve an enterprise architecture plan that supports the information and technology needs of the District Government.
• Provide strategies for managing information and technology during daily operations, including critical incidents management.
• Facilitate the re-establishment of operations during, and immediately following, a critical incident or other serious disruption.
• Oversees the back office computer operations of the affiliate management information
- Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
- Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
- Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.