Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 05/14/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Program Staff in various data creation, quality control, development, and maintenance work. 1-5 years of experience. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
1-5 yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities (Required 4 years)
1-5 yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 4 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 4 years)
Expertise using ESRI GIS software products, especially ArcGIS 10.X desktop and ArcGIS Online (Required 4 years)
Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods for quality control of large geospatial data sets. (Required 3 years)
Working knowledge of GIS techniques such as map production, editing, geo-coding, particularly using addressing data (Required 2 years)
Experience creating maps and applications in ArcGIS Online (Highly desired 1 Year)
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Program Staff in various data creation, quality control, development, and maintenance activities as part of the District of Columbia Geographic Information System (DCGIS) enterprise geodatabase.
- Perform implementation, processing, and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC on updated and new DC GIS data, as well as compile metadata.
- Create, translate and integrate GIS data layers, and digitize new data using a variety of software.
- Coordinate with other technicians and analysts in various data development, update, and project support initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise and support to District agencies, personnel, and users in GIS and data efforts.
- Complete special requests for various Agencies by utilizing existing data, analyzing results, and producing reports, maps, and supporting documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
- Develops technical applications to support users.
- Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Performs application upgrades.
- Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.