Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 07/02/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
OCTO is looking to add to its centralized help desk (OCTO Helps). The role requires 6-10 years of experience and will support multiple DC Public School buildings.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs installing and configuring system hardware/software in an enterprise environment (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs installing operating system Required (OS) patches and upgrades (Desired 6 years)
Expertise in supporting desktop operating systems (Windows 7,8.X, 10 Mac OSX 10.10.X) (Required 3 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Desired 10 years)
Experience using an endpoint management tool to provide remote support (Required 3 years)
Strong customer service experience skills (Required 3 years)
Experience providing administrative support in an IT environment (Required 6 years)
Proficient time management skills Required and detail oriented organizational skills (Required 6 years)
Microsoft Certifications: MCP (Desired)
Experience managing service requests for IT support in Remedyforce or a similar ITSM platform (Required 3 years)
Expertise in troubleshooting hardware related issues (Required 6 years)
Expertise in troubleshooting complex software related issues (Required 3 years)
Can demonstrate experience making nontechnical users comfortable with complex technology concepts (Required 3 years)
Able to analyze and resolve complex technical problems over a wide variety of systems (Required 3 years)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2010+ and Office 365) (Required 1 year)
i. Provide desktop support for technical issues in a Call Center environment as well as District of Columbia Public School locations throughout the District of Columbia
ii. In conjunction with other internal IT support staff, provide first and second level technical support and troubleshooting desktop related issues, network related incidents (both LAN and WAN), complex issues related to compromised operating systems and infected hosts
iii. Resolve technical issues and closing out assigned Service/Incidents requests within the agency’s Service Level Agreements
iv. Adhere to all Enterprise-wide security policies related to security and integrity of District-owned Resources
v. Provide assistance with installation, operation, and maintenance of District-owned desktop software, including operating systems (both Windows and Apple), off-the-shelf products (e.g. Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, Outlook) and endpoint management tools
vi. Log and route service requests and incidents in an incident management system
vii. Creating and maintaining knowledge articles in the agency’s knowledge management system on a day-to-day basis
viii. Provide a high level of customer service to end users on a daily basis
ix. Provide technical expertise related to Microsoft Products, such as Microsoft Office, Windows operating systems, as well as other related Microsoft applications
x. Troubleshoot issues related to agency specific applications and web applications
xi. Provide technical support for mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones, Android devices and tablets
xii. Collaborate with the IT leadership team to test and implement cost effective technology for District
xiii. Maintain service level agreements related to both Call Center and Desk Side support Service/Incident requests
xiv. Work with other technical teams to coordinate multi-tiered technical support for outages, widespread security incidents
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.