Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DFS – 401 E Street, SW Washington DC 20024
Position closes 05/22/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
6-10 years of experience. Leads team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
The District of Columbia’s Department of Forensic Sciences (DFS) is seeking to engage an IT Project Manager to provide project management expertise.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs developing project scopes and plans (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs managing and tracking program progress against the project plan in an enterprise environment (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs preparing status reports (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs experience with MS Project or similar project planning software (Required 6 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 10 years)
Project Management experience – software development (Required 10 years)
Project management experience – large infrastructure projects (Required 10 years)
Project management experience – medium to large subcontractor managment (Required 10 years)
JusticeTrax LIMS-Plus (Desired 1 year)
PHL Horizon LIMS (Desired 1 year)
STaCS DNA (Desired 1 year)
Mideo Digital Imaging System (Desired 5 years)
Data architecture (Required 10 years)
Software architecture (Required 10 years)
Technology strategy (Required 10 years)
DFS is seeking to engage an IT Project Manager to provide project management expertise to manage and coordinate IT projects across the DFS.
The vendor will provide DFS with project management services to manage and execute a variety of agency activities and projects in the forensic and public health laboratories. The project manager has three central components requiring unique expertise:
(1) Professional project management of diverse, yet complex technical and process related projects;
(2) Provides continuity of weekly performance measurements within DFS using performance and status metrics from the LIMS and other systems; and
(3) Provides leadership of process management, business process re-engineering, organizational design, and corresponding LIMS applications.
The IT Project Manager expertise is required must have at least 10 years of experience in IT project management. Expert, experienced project schedule, effort, and cost planning estimation is essential for the development of baseline performance measurement plans. Performance Measurement and metrics development is essential for the continued monitoring of system adoption and use.
Summarized, the project management requirements are:
• Oversees all aspects of projects.
• Leads team on significant segment of small and large projects.
• Provide Project Schedule management and baseline performance as required for all DFS IT projects
• Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
• Provide Methodology and process re-engineering management for business process assessments and work flow processing in DFS units
- Leads team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Provides applications systems analysis and programming activities for a Government site, facility or multiple locations.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Oversees all aspects of projects.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.