Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DDOT – 55 M Street, SE, Suite 400 Washington DC 20003
Position closes 05/28/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Subject Matter Expert in infrastructure/network technologies.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 years)
VMWare Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) or VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DC) (Desired)
Experience with running administrative reports in VMware (Required 11 years)
Experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage migrations, and P2V and N (Required 11 years)
Ability to create and Maintain SOP’s and train junior staff as necessary (Required 5 years)
Ability to troubleshoot and support medium server environment, SAN and related applications to determine any problems (Required 5 years)
Management & troubleshooting of active directory infrastructure – FSMO roles, trusts, Kerberos KDCs, replication, OUs, domain controllers, etc. (Required 5 years)
Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication, netlogon, time services, FSMO roles, schema, NTDS database partitions, DNS settings. (Required 5 years)
Group Policy Object (GPO) administration, troubleshooting, and management (Required 11 years)
MCSE certification preferred (Desired)
• Maintains security and integrity of schema
• Oversees modifications to schema
• Full disaster recovery plan and practice of schema
• Creation and management of the forest
• Overall security and reliability of the forest
• Creation and removal of domains
• Management of trust relationships
• Full disaster recovery plan and practice of trusts
• Creation and management of directory infrastructure
• Includes FSMO roles, trusts, Kerberos KDCs, replication topology, etc.
• Creation of all top-level OU hierarchies with subOUs, groups, and appropriate security permissions. This includes adding the OU Admins to the AddComputers group, Group Policy Creator Owners group, and OU Admins mail list. It also includes setting appropriate permissions on the created objects
• Monitor and reporting associated with the reliability and security of the domain
• Use the domain admin account only for actions that require the privilege level of this account
• Monitoring changes to domain root and domain controllers OU to ensure unauthorized changes do not occur
• Day-to-day management of domain controllers
• Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication, netlogon, time services, FSMO roles, schema, NTDS database partitions, DNS settings, SRV records, and trust relationships
• Review DC event and security logs and take corrective actions
• Monitor and resolve security situations at all levels of domain to ensure stable and secure domain
• Domain Controller Management
• Physical security of the domain controllers in IT Division space and oversite for all domain controllers
• Backups and restores on domain controllers
• Full disaster recovery plan and practice of DCs and core Directory objects
• Policy monitoring and compliance
• Monitoring changes to OU hierarchy to ensure unauthorized changes do not occur
• Delegation of authority to others for appropriate object administration in their OU hierarchy
• Account management
• Creation/deletion/management of objects, i.e. local user accounts, groups, workstations, servers, printers, etc. in their OU hierarchy
• Regularly perform housekeeping duties to keep OU hierarchy clear of stale, unused, expired, and objects no longer needed
• Process requests for access control authorized by data owner
• Process requests for group drive mappings via login script
• Create new computer accounts and join to directory services
• The OU administrator will designate which administrators have “account operator” access to the Windows user accounts for users in their department.
• These account operators will have privileges that let them make changes to a subset of attributes for the accounts in their OU
• This subset of attributes includes Windows-centric information like home directory location, profile location, terminal server settings and other kinds of user data that isn’t replicated from the root of the LBL domain
• Group Policy Object (GPO) administration, troubleshooting, and management
• Publishing resource objects from their OU hierarchy in the Active Directory as applicable
• Manage Group Policy Object (GPO) links in OU hierarchy
• Coordinate activities of Member Server owners
• Monitor department/member server(s) performance and event logs for all member servers in their OU hierarchy not maintained by Computing Infrastructure Group (CIG)
• Work with server and/or data owners to set up permissions
• Policy Compliance
• MCSE certification preferred – VMWare
• Ability to operate VMware based NSX and ESXi based platforms and installations performing operations and special projects
• Collaborate with the other server, SAN and application teams, identify operational characteristics, determining the presence of a problem, identifying possible solutions, selecting the most appropriate solution, and implementing that solution in a timely manner in accordance with Change Control Process.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
• Strong hands-on experience with NSX systems administration, performance tuning, and operations
• Strong hands-on experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations
• Strong hands-on experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
• Strong hands-on experience with vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and 3rd party plug-ins
• Experience with running administrative reports in VMware
• Create and Maintain SOP’s and train junior staff as necessary
• Responsible for the health of the production server infrastructure
• Experience with running administrative reports in using vRealize Operation Manager.
• Strong hands-on experience with HP rack mount and HP Blade servers.
• Experience working with vCenter server appliance 6.0 is plus
• Experience working with VMware Platform Services Controller appliance in vSphere 6.0 is plus
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree) in a relevant technical discipline
• at least 11 years’ experience with VMware Virtualization in a large environment
• Experience with VMware ESXi installation, configurations, and operations
• VMWare Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) or VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV) preferred
• Day to day operations
• Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling agency objectives
• and processes.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation
• hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
• Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and
• other network appliances.
• Manage servers, including database, e-mail, printers, and backup servers and their associated
• operating systems and software.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and
• related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Participate in managing all network servers / security solutions.
• Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.