Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/10/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of IT experience. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the MicroStrategy and similar BI tools/environments.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Design MSTR BI/Analytics solution specifications based on business requirements provided. (Required 5 years)
Experience in implementing end to end MSTR BI/Analytics solutions for large organizations (Required 5 years)
Experience in testing of enterprise wide MSTR BI/Analytics applications. (Required 5 years)
MicroStrategy Certified Engineer (MCE) or Certified Business Intelligence Consultant (CBIC) (current or past) (Required)
MSTR BI/Analytics platform Development / Design experience including MicroStrategy BI / Analytics Platform Developer, Mobile, Web and Office tool set (Required 5 years)
MSTR BI/Analytics Requirements Gathering, business analysis and modeling, RTM experience (Required 5 years)
16+ yrs planning, coordinating and monitoring project activities (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related filed. (Required)
Master’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Desired)
Knowledge of MSTR REST API or general knowledge of REST API coding, JSON calls (Required)
Familiarity with SDK concepts (Desired)
Database knowledge – creating complex queries and performance tuning (Desired)
Basic understanding of how to build dashboards in Tableau (Nice to have)
- Working with project stakeholders, perform in solution requirements gathering.
- Communicate with business and technical stakeholders to perform solution architecture/technical requirements gathering, technical design, development, testing and QA tasks.
- Development of the MSTR Implementation Plan
- Develop the Technical Design documents that cover end-to-end processes (User workflows, BI, ETL, database, data warehouse)
- Design and manage multiple agencies MSTR dashboard/BI solution including Metadata, Data Source(s), Database queries/performance tuning, MSTR REST API JSON calls, SDK implementation and all dashboards/reports.
- Participate in the planning and execution of overall project testing including, unit, system, integration, user acceptance, load, stress performance and documentation testing activities.
- Participate in the development of the project dry run and cutover plan. Participate in the execution of the deployment tasks
- Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
- Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
- Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
- Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
- Develops technical applications to support users.
- Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Performs application upgrades.
- Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Ensures project life-cycle is compliant with District standards and procedures.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
16+ yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities
16+ yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.