Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOES – 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 06/20/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Business Analysis experience with process modeling and requirements management (Required 16 years)
Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 16 years)
Expert in eliciting, analyzing and documenting requirements (Required 16 years)
Experience documenting User Stories (Required 3 years)
Must have experience on capturing RFP Requirements, Vendor Evaluations (Required 5 years)
Experience with Agile Methodologies and facilitating SCRUM ceremonies (Required 3 years)
Experience with COTS Implementations (Required 5 years)
Have experience Liaison between the Clients and Vendors (Required 8 years)
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) (Required)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or other Agile Certification (Desired)
Experience with Microsoft Project (Required 5 years)
Experience with Microsoft Office (Required 16 years)
Experience with Data Analysis and Data Modeling (Required 5 years)
Experience with Process Modeling Tool (Required 8 years)
Experience creating Project Charter, Business Case (Required 3 years)
Experience delivering and supporting enterprise applications (Required 5 years)
Expereience creating System Architectures and Implementation Approaches/Plans (Required 5 years)
- Responsible for the successful delivery and implementation of the project within scope and on schedule, ensuring customer expectations are satisfied.
- Responsibilities include overall project planning, governance and management. Duties shall focus on project planning, monitoring and control, risk and financial management, reporting, and serving as primary liaison with Vendor and Agency stakeholders.
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in overseeing the project efforts.
- Guide the project team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values and institutionalize Agile Software Development Lifecycle. Facilitate Scrum Ceremonies and remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel.
- Perform project scheduling and planning oversight support. Assist with best practices on schedule management and best practices for creation, update, baseline, resource leveling, etc.
- Assists with the development of IT Statements of Work (SOW) for the full range of IT services; coordinates with agency officials to obtain approval to proceed and ensures that vendor fulfill their contractual requirements; resolves complex, and/or mission critical problems.
- Assist and facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution; assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Provides expert IT technical solutions, advice, guidance, and recommendations to top management officials and other technical specialists in the area of Applications Project Management; utilizes industry standard practices in providing strategic oversight; provides expert advice and guidance on application and information management products and services, and IT industry standards.
- Provide Contract management oversight support including contract analysis and contract audit services of contracts and evaluation of processes and procedures.
- Collect, organize, store, and manage project oversight activities and task information using project and portfolio management tool. This includes maintaining current and archival project files, collecting and distributing project information, and entering project updates into project tracking systems.
- Manages several teams in large scale vendor implementation.
- Knowledge of Unemployment Benefits and/or Tax systems is required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience; or a current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.