Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHCF – HQ – 441 4th St, 9th Fl., NW Washington, DC 20001
Position closes 06/19/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Experienced Infrastructure Technical Specialist with proven professional experience in the design, development and management/monitoring of native
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Professional experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments. (Required 10 years)
Professional experience installing, configuring, and maintaining and upgrading services such as Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc. (Required 7 years)
Professional experience with Entire X application v10.3 or higher (Required 5 years)
Proven professional familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc. (Required 5 years)
Professional experience with functioning as an administrator for Dynatrace 1 Agent (Required 5 years)
Professional experience with oracle cloud configuration and automation (Required 5 years)
Professional experience with AWS cloud configuration and automation (Required 5 years)
Professional experience in terraform with ansible for cloud infrastructure automation (Required 5 years)
Professional experience with MS Azure for configuration, migration and automation (Required 5 years)
Professional experience working as an administrator within LDAP for user mgmt. access (Required 5 years)
AWS certified developer (Required 5 years)
This position is housed under the Department of Health Care Finance in direct support of the DC Access System (DCAS).
The Department of Health Care Finance is looking for an Infrastructure Technical Specialist with cloud and datacenter experience who will act as an architect for designing, implementing, and monitoring the system infrastructure. The incumbent will collaborate with other team members to develop automation, orchestration strategies and deployment processes.
The incumbent will become an integral part of the DCAS Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
The Core duties associated with the role are as follows:
• Manage the Cloud infrastructure
• Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
• Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
• Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
• Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
• Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure.
• Manage the Disaster Recovery process
• Other related duties as assigned.
This individual will be working closely with the DHCF and its’ partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position in the DC Access System (DCAS) project.
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.