Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 655 15th St. NW, Suite 500 Washington DC 20005
Position closes 06/24/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
This will be a support role to various functions at DCNet. It will be to support DCNet technical projects with editing phone data, imaging equipment, installing peripheral devices.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs providing technical support to computer system users by telephone, email, etc. (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs maintaining personal computers, systems and printers (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs installing and troubleshooting computer operating systems and software (Required 6 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Desired 5 years)
Expertise in supporting desktop operating systems (Windows 7,8.X, 10 Mac OSX 10.10.X) (Required 6 years)
Strong customer service experience (Required)
Experience tracking service request/incidents using a ITSM tool (Required 1 year)
Provide customer-oriented results and build an efficient end-user support environment (Required 1 year)
Experience with basic Active Directory functions such as: Account Creations, Password Resets and OU Management (Required 1 year)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2010+ and Office 365) (Required 1 year)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional setting (Required 1 year)
Microsoft Certifications: MCP Windows 7, Windows 10 (Desired)
Prior experience with DCNet is a MUST. (Required 6 Months)
DC-Net provides managed voice, data and video wire-based and wireless services to all government constituents city-wide over a secure, highly redundant and high capacity fiber optic telecommunications platform. This standards-based platform lays the foundation for all next-generation government and public safety communications throughout the District of Columbia. In addition, DC-Net provides broadband services to health and education-based nonprofits in the District. DC-Net is a program managed by the Government of the District of Columbia’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO).
DCNet is looking for a Technical Support resource to support various networking, telecom, and data center projects. This will serve as the tier 1 support function performing duties such as:
- Imaging computers
- Asset Management (Keeping catalogs of devices as directed by senior leadership)
- Adding peripheral devices to the network as directed by senior staff
- Responding to issues from DCNet customers
- Responsible for developing, drafting, writing and editing reports, briefs, proposals, and other documents in support of a client’s requirements.
- Interfaces with personnel to coordinate meetings, maintain logs, records and files, provides end-user support, and performs general administrative duties.
- Assists in budgetary, billing, and financial management.
- Responsible for preparing and/or maintaining systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods, including user reference manuals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.