US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 07/09/2019
11-15 years of experience. Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs in progressive consulting leadership role (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs managing, coordinating, and establishing priorities for entire project lifecycle (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Experience with career development programs (Required 8 years)
Experience with working with underserved communities (Required 8 years)
Experience with development of effective measurements to achieve desired outcomes in social projects (Required 11 years)
Experience with creation and management of a Project Plan (Required 11 years)
The Economic Security Administration (ESA) within the D.C. Department of Human Services seeks to hire a Consultant to assist with implementing a career mapping project; the successful candidate will be able to create a plan to complete the project, and transition the final product to the larger TANF Employment Program service provider network (contractual providers, internal partners, community stakeholders, etc.) that will result in an increase in employment placement and retention rates for our work-eligible TANF customers. The Consultant must have extensive experience managing workforce development projects; developing career mapping models and tools; project management; and developing training and curriculum materials for staff.
• Work with DHS to gain an understanding of the families receiving TANF and customers enrolled in TANF;
• Work with the D.C. Workforce Investment Council (WIC) to develop effective career mapping tools for TANF customers;
• Work with The Lab @ DC (The Lab) to provide support on the program evaluation of Career Pathways, including tracking the completion of milestones by requested deadlines, coordinating with DHS staff to share information requested by The Lab, and communicating regularly with staff from DHS and The Lab on progress, delays, and other issues;
• Organize biweekly calls with DHS program staff to provide updates;
• Draft an implementation plan informed by the program evaluation conducted by The Lab that describes how TEP Providers can use career-mapping tools to assist customers achieve career goals;
• Draft a training curriculum for DHS to use when implementing the career pathways tools;
• Draft all other deliverables required as part of the TANF Policy Academy for Innovative Employment Strategies (PAIES) Career Pathways grant award;
• Draft and submit all mandatory reporting and updates required as part of the TANF Policy Academy for Innovative Employment Strategies (PAIES) Career Pathways grant award; and
• Participate in meetings and site visits scheduled with federal partners at the U.S Department of Health and Human Services.
Skills and Knowledge
The preferred technical expert/consultant should have extensive expertise in strategic planning and project management. Additionally, the technical expert/consultant should have experience developing and executing implementation plans, careering mapping models/tools, and training curriculums. It is also preferred that the technical expert/consultant is knowledgeable of case coaching principles.
Skills and Knowledge:
• 6 High Growth industries for the District, as identified by DC WIC;
• Best practices to achieve career ladder growth;
• Rapport with industry leaders and champions in the 6 high growth industries;
• Motivational techniques for customers;
• Developing effective measures that will result in desired outcomes;
• Customer Service; and
• Effective Communication.
- Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
- Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
- Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.