Location: Bethesda, MD
Are you seeking an environment where questions are encouraged, individual talents are recognized, and human resources fundamentals will directly impact the growth of a dynamic international consultancy? Are you a hands-on HR practitioner who advances organizational effectiveness and engagement and are seeking a hands-on role in a global organization? Are you enthusiastic about having a strategic HR role and working with amazing colleagues who challenge you to become entrepreneurial and innovative while making an impactful difference in our organization?
The client is seeking an exceptional Human Resources Manager to provide a broad range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the continued success and evolution at the company by offering advice and executing across the employment lifecycle including recruitment, performance management, employee relations, benefits, terminations, compliance, and HR best practices. The ideal candidate is an HR professional looking to grow their experience in a global consulting organization, who thrives in an operations group that is committed to exceptional service to the larger organization, and proactively owns all HR responsibilities. This newly created role is based in our Bethesda, Maryland location.
- Cover all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements and work closely with our labor attorney.
- Organize, manage, and facilitate new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs.
- Explain and provide information on employee benefits, programs, and education. May also advise on benefit needs or evaluate benefit contract bids.
- Manage Visa process as directed.
- Answer employee questions and address employee concerns.
- Partner with EU HR on integration and rollout of HR programs including training and performance management. Will also partner with China and India HR as directed.
- Improve performance review processes and perform gap analysis, as needed.
- Serve as project manager for continued provisioning of global HRIS system (Cezanne)
- Work with senior staff to identify staffing needs and recruit top quality applicants based on experience, skills, and education.
- Update position descriptions when needed.
- Contact applicant references and perform background checks required by company
- Maintain accurate employee records and organize all documentation.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in a human resources position, preferably in a strategic role (non-transactional role).
- Previous experience in professional services, consulting organization and/or start-up highly preferred.
- Experience in life sciences, pharmaceutical industry, and recruiting scientists is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite), knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Specialized training in compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, training, and general knowledge of employment laws and best practices.
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and exceptional listening skills.
- Ability to question the status quo, stand firmly on best practices, and exude confidence.
- Proactive, responsive, and able to maintain confidentiality, balance shifting priorities, ensure all promises are kept, and exceed expectations.
- Ability to establish productive, collegial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Company
The client is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in US, Europe, and Asia. he company enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
The company provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.