Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHCF – HQ – 441 4th St, 9th Fl., NW Washington, DC 20001
Position closes 08/13/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Looking for an experienced SAS Developer to analyze large datasets. Experience with SAS Programming,
Data Mining / ETL experience, SQL experience. Knowledge of .net, C#, OOA, and project management helpful.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Development experience in SAS, SQL, UNIX (Required 12 years)
Experience in SAS/MACROS SAS/SQL (Required 12 years)
Experience working with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Business Intelligence (Required 5 years)
Develop shell scripts to dynamically update the SAS jobs and validate the job results (Required 5 years)
Knowledge of Microsoft BI (Highly desired 5 Years)
Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large-scale projects from end-to-end (Required 12 years)
Provide technical support to researchers in use of SAS products implemented on Microsoft Platform (Required 6 years)
16+ yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
• Provide day-to-day operation of the SAS platform, and provide project support to researchers and analysts to use the SAS data analytics capabilities. Can also develop code in SQL.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Develop solutions including complete projects, proof of concepts or code snippets as appropriate.
• Effectively work with business analysts, development leads, researchers and technical staff to analyze business requirements and provide guidance on using appropriate SAS tools and SAS coding techniques including statistical methodologies, data manipulation and predictive modelling methodologies.
• Respond to complex data requests that require data mining, extraction and query optimization services.
• Review existing SAS code and use a mapping document to re-write the code to point to the new database.
• Provide guidance to researchers and developers in use of SAS tools and methodologies.
• Provide guidance to users in use of SAS clients, and clients associated with the products installed on the Medicaid Data Warehouse platform.
• Work with users to understand and define project security, data, and operational requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• Development experience in SAS, SQL, UNIX
• Experience in SAS/MACROS SAS/SQL
• Experience working with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Business Intelligence
• Develop shell scripts to dynamically update the SAS jobs and validate the job results
• Knowledge of Microsoft BI
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large-scale projects from end-to-end
• Create functional design documents, requirements documents, user documentation, technical documentation, research papers and any other documentation as required by the project.
• Provide knowledge transfer to others.
• Provide development of solutions including data development, predictive/descriptive statistical solutions and guidance
• Provide technical support to researchers in use of SAS products implemented on Microsoft Platform
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/ products. This is a professional position which may require subject matter expertise consistent with demanding and rare technological skills.
- May require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the application development team
- Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing and project design.
- Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
- Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
- May coordinate activities of application developers.
- Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
- Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
- Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Advanced experience in the required technical subject matter.
- May function as a niche technical SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Has proven experience across large and complex implementations and systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.