Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 655 15th St. NW, Suite 500 Washington DC 20005
Position closes 08/13/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Customer Support Entry level is a first level representative to the OCTO technical support team. They answer a variety of technical inquires documenting issues and alerting senior staff in a timely fashion
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
1-5 yrs providing technical support to computer system users by telephone, email, etc. (Required 1 year)
1-5 yrs maintaining personal computers, systems and printers (Required 1 year)
1-5 yrs installing and troubleshooting computer operating systems and software (Required 1 year)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Desired)
Expertise in supporting desktop operating systems (Windows 7,8.X, 10 Mac OSX 10.10.X) (Required 1 year)
Strong customer service experience (Required 1 year)
Experience providing technical support in a “call center” environment and receiving multiple calls at once (Required 1 year)
Experience tracking service request/incidents using a ITSM tool (Required 1 year)
Provide customer-oriented results and build an efficient end-user support environment (Required 1 year)
Experience with basic Active Directory functions such as: Account Creations, Password Resets and OU Management (Required 1 year)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2010+ and Office 365) (Required 1 year)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional setting (Required 1 year)
Microsoft Certifications: MCP Windows 7, Windows 10 (Desired)
i. Answer calls in a dynamic IT operations environment; supporting multiple agencies
ii. Provide desktop support for technical issues in a Call Center environment as well as off-site locations throughout the District of Columbia
iii. Log and route service requests and incidents in an incident management system
iv. Create and maintain knowledge articles in the agency’s knowledge management system on a daily basis
v. Provide a high level of customer service to end users on a daily basis
vi. Provide technical expertise related to Microsoft Products, such as Microsoft Office, Windows operating systems, as well as other related Microsoft applications
vii. Troubleshoot issues related to agency specific applications and web applications
viii. Provide technical support for mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones, Android devices and tablets
ix. Collaborate with the IT leadership team to select and implement cost-effective technology for District
x. Maintain service level agreements related to both Call Center and Desk Side support Service/Incident requests
xi. Work with other technical teams to coordinate multi-tiered technical support for outages, widespread security incidents
xii. Adhere to all Enterprise-wide security policies related to security and integrity of District-owned Resources
1. Provide technical assistance to computer system users on a variety of issues.
2. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
3. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
4. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
5. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
6. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
7. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
8. Provide service and preventive maintenance activities on terminals, printers, personal computers basic knowledge of electrical/mechanical principles and basic electronics.
9. Reads and comprehends technical service manuals and publications.
10. Knowledge of basic mathematics to read and understand various gauges, meters, and measurement devices.
11. Able to diagnose and repair products by replacing worn or broken parts, and making technical adjustments.
12. Makes appropriate use of reference publications and diagnostic aids in resolving technical problems.
13. Strong communication skills.
14. Assists in coordination of changes, upgrades and new products, ensuring systems shall operate correctly in current and future environment.
15. Provides accurate and complete answers to general use and 35 administrative environment questions in a timely manner.
16. Implements shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
17. Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
18. Manages and reports time spent on all work activities.
19. Ability to work in a team environment.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.