Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 08/15/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16 yrs as SME providing technical support in enterprise distributed environment (Required 16 years)
SCCM 2012 or higher implementation, deployment and infrastructure knowledge and troubleshooting experience (Required 5 years)
Software distribution and patch deployment experience in a large enterprise (Required 16 years)
Experience in managing enterprise server environment with both administration and problem resolution of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and above (Required 16 years)
Experience with Group Policy, Registry Key, Active Directory and, Cloud technologies (Required 10 years)
Significant scripting experience with PowerShell and other tools for task sequencing, automation of tasks, and aid in troubleshooting (Required 10 years)
Excellent written and oral communication skills. (Required 16 years)
Ability to articulate ideas and solutions through conceptual designs (Required 16 years)
Experience with security hardening practices (Required 3 years)
Experience with virtualization technologies (Required 3 years)
Experience Level 3 support with lead role to proposing and implementing solutions (Required 10 years)
MCSE & Microsoft SCCM Certification 2012 or higher (Required)
Superior experience with Active Directory and Cloud technologies (Required 6 years)
- Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
- Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
- Develop a road map and implementation plan for migrating the patch management, asset management, and software distribution services from Ivanti to SCCM using risk mitigation and configuration management strategies to ensure smooth transition.
- Manage over 25,000 clients in multi-tiered environment.
- Lead effort to stand up SCCM infrastructure and design, build, test and configure relevant components.
- Deploy Windows workstation patches.
- Create packages, collections and advertisements for software deployments.
- Create tools to easily repair WMI and SCCM clients remotely.
- Collaborate with application owners and business relation managers to gather requirements for application deployments.
- Provide Level III support to troubleshoot deployment issues, desktop software conflicts and client health issues.
a. Administer backend SCCM servers.
- Implement Group Policy and Window Registry objects to build and manage desktop and server images
- Manage and coordinate deployments of patches, critical updates and service packs using best practices and industry standards
- Create SOPs and processes for accomplishing objectives and routinely perform QA reviews to identify and implement areas of improvement and new practices
- Lead day to day administration of the SCCM infrastructure and environment, including troubleshoot to resolve server and configuration issues.
- Perform routine QA of SCCM infrastructure to apply updates as required, including anti-virus updates, operating system and software updates
- Create and maintain technical documentation for administration tasks, installation and configuration procedures and processes to deploy images, patch updates, security hardening, operating and system updates
- Communicate with the CAB per protocol and participate in the change management process as necessary.
- Research complex technical problems and identify, implement and communicate technical fixes.
- Create scripts using PowerShell and other tools to develop custom solutions and automate fixes for issues
- Coordinate with the Security team to engineer solutions that meet security policies and recommendations
- Coordinate with multiple teams and departments help support and enhance end user experience
- Prioritize workload based on established Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with a focus on client satisfaction and follow through
- Create SQL queries and routine compliance reports to provide status of quality of processes and procedures, patch updates, software distributions, and statistical data from analyses
- Lead projects including new hardware images, Windows and Office upgrades and other projects involving updates to software on end user devices.
- Function as lead escalation point for large scale or aging end-user problems.
- Assist other engineers with resolving issues and provide training as needed
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.