Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 08/19/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs planning, organizing, and conducting research in various areas, such as new/existing products, law, or business in support of IT initiatives (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs searching sources such as reference works, literature, docs, newspapers, statistical records, etc. (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs researching via Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, etc. (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs analyzing info and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for professional use (Required 11 years)
Experience with TANF programs especially 2nd Generation Enhanced programs (Required 3 years)
Experience with Case Based Management programs in Human Services (Required 8 years)
Experience with career training and job development (Required 8 years)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The preferred technical expert/consultant should have extensive expertise in strategic planning and project management. Additionally, the technical expert/consultant should have experience developing implementation plans and training curriculum’s. The individual MUST have experience with 2Gen TANF workforce development programs. They must also have a thorough understanding of Case Based management programs. https://www.urban.org/sites/default/files/publication/98427/strengthening_the_tanf_program_14.pdf
The technical expert/consultant should also have knowledge of case coaching principles, including:
• Motivational Interviewing
• Setting Healthy Boundaries
• Customer Service
• Effective Communication
• Executive Functioning Skills
• Barrier Mediation/Minimization
• Coaching Approach
• Best practices to incentivizing customers using a coaching model
• Organize and facilitate focus groups
• Preference for consultants certified in Project Management, it is preferred to have a degree in Management Information Systems or a related degree, and at least 2 years experience in the Behavioral Health Field.
The technical expert/consultant must show the ability to provide such services and produce a quality product, which meets industry standards, in the required amount of time.
The Consultant shall provide sufficient personnel and maintain capacity to perform:
• Any necessary analytical work
• Manage the administrative functions in conjunction with the work
• Mitigate transition issues that may be experienced at any point time
• Ensure timely gathering of participant lists
• Ensure new staff trainings are timely completed
• The Consultant shall develop, and provide ESA, a project plan with clear deliverables and timelines to complete the HHS project, and transition the final products (career ladder tools) to TMC.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
- Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
- Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.