Due to our continued growth, the company is seeking an exceptional HEOR research professional for a Scientist position in Bethesda, New York or Boston locations. Working within our Modeling and Meta-Analysis Center of Excellence, the ideal candidate brings expertise in cost- effectiveness and budget impact models and meta-analysis. In this role you will be responsible for a wide range of scientific research activities including developing study protocols and model conceptualization, development and programming. You will also be involved in a variety of project management tasks including tracking budget/expenses and managing timelines, workflow and deliverables.
The ideal candidate has a strong ability to synthesize and analyze data from diverse sources using innovative and creative approaches, solid communication and interpersonal skills, and a keen interest in health outcomes and/or economic research.
- Design and construct economic models and programming (budget impact, Markov, partitioned survival, discrete event simulations)
- Conduct traditional and Bayesian meta-analysis methodologies
- Prepare written deliverables including study concept/plan documents, related analyses, and technical reports on time and on budget
- Respond to RFPs/proposals or business development opportunities
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
3+ years’ experience in economic modeling and/or meta-analysis with a consulting company or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Master’s Degree or PhD in relevant Science, Engineering, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Public Health or Medical Field is required
- Design and implementation of cost-effectiveness, budget impact analyses, meta-analysis, or other mathematical modeling
- Experience with programming languages (VBA, R, C++, Java, WinBUGS)
- Prior experience in working with writing proposals, responding to RFPs and managing project teams
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to include the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of complex materials
- Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to present complex information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to forge and effectively manage relationships within the company and with external stakeholders
- Superior communication skills and the ability to question the status quo
- Proactive, responsive, and able to balance shifting priorities and ensuring that promises are kept, and expectations are exceeded
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
The company is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York, Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda, Boston, New York (US), Shanghai (China) and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence, Strategic Market Access, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care. The company enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
Review more jobs at http://klslconsulting.com/blog/category/open-positions/ Please review the required skills and years of experience and make sure your resume supports them.