Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 08/22/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
This position in the DMV applications team at the Office of the Chief Technology Officer.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Genuine core JAVA development with strong back-end development skills (Required 10 years)
JAVA – Annotations, Generics, Reflection, Inheritance, OO Design, NIO, Bean Validation (Required 8 years)
Spring Boot Application Development Experience (Required 4 years)
Spring – Java Config, Dependency Injection, Autowiring Concepts (Required 3 years)
Spring Integration Development Experience (Required 3 years)
Spring Web Services Development Experience (Required 3 years)
Synchronous and Asynchronous programming experience – Callbacks, Future, Timeout and Error Handling (Required 3 years)
Experience with MAVEN Project Build experience (Required 3 years)
Experience with GIT version control repository (Required 3 years)
Experience with Tomcat/Jetty/undertow Application Servers (Required 3 years)
Experience with LINUX working environment (Required 5 years)
Experience with JIRA Issue tracker (Required 3 years)
Working with mainframe CICS containers and channels using JCA connector Desired)
11-15 yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Development practice Desired)
The District of Columbia, Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) operates a Motor Vehicle Information System (DESTINY) to support Driver License issuance, vehicle registration and titling, inspection, insurance, medical, parking permits, tickets and other DMV related functions.The contractor shall provide technical and expert consultant services to DMV. Services shall include:
• Systems analysis and Application design
• Middleware webservices development in JAVA, J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring Integration and Spring Webservices based development and testing
• Execute DMV problem resolution for transactions and conduct follow-up
• Support custom integration solutions using Spring Boot based REST Style & SOAP based webservice technologies
• Setup Web Infrastructure and maintain the upgrades.
• Level 3 Help desk trouble-shooting
Tasks will include:
• Maintain the existing Webservices within the DESTINY application to keep the system stable and operational;
• To analyze and enhance the scope of the current software modules to keep the DESTINY application in compliance with new legislative and administrative requirements and shaping the future of online collaboration;
• Provide day to day trouble shooting and user training as needed
• Effective advocate for the user and be able to successfully drive implementation of designs that provide an excellent customer experience, scale as the business grows, and integrate with other systems.
• Additional responsibilities include acting as a subject matter expert on technology decisions and defining development and configuration methodologies and processes
• Provide computer operations and production support
• Contribute to recommendations on how DMV can best leverage web and other related technologies
• Develop and deploy new and revised DESTINY modules and interfaces as directed by the DMV.
• To provide support in the installation and the configuration of new releases to software releases and its associated applications
• Evaluation of processes and determine training needs to support those processes for DMV Management and one-on-one environments
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/ products. This is a professional position which may require subject matter expertise consistent with demanding and rare technological skills.
- May require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the application development team
- Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing and project design.
- Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
- Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
- May coordinate activities of application developers.
- Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
- Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
- Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Advanced experience in the required technical subject matter.
- May function as a niche technical SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Has proven experience across large and complex implementations and systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.