Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCIO – 1101 4th Street SW Suite W350, Washington DC 20024
Position closes 09/16/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs developing, maintaining, and recommending enhancements to IS policies/requirements (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs performing vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems/apps (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs identifying, reporting, and resolving security violations (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 years)
An Industry Certification such as Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM), Certified Hardware Asset Management (CHAMP) or similar (Desired 11 years)
Understanding of Vendor Management, Procurement, Asset Lifecycles, and License Management. (Desired 11 years)
Experience in tracking Asset and License information via an Asset Management tool / CMDB. (Required 11 years)
The District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer/Office of the Chief Information Officer is seeking to hire a Information Assurance Security Specialist.
• Developing, maintaining and executing asset management program including processes, procedures, tools, and reporting for all hardware/software assets.
• Manage IT asset inventory utilizing best practice software asset management (SAM), Hardware asset management (HAM) and IT asset disposition (ITAD) processes and tools across the full range of digital technology assets.
• Ensuring that Hardware and Telecommunication asset inventory is always up to date for all technology assets and only authorized components are used.
• Maintaining software asset management tools including accurate inventory of software
• Gather data on and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of digital technology asset life cycles.
• Gather, analyze and manage data to track lifecycle, maintenance and decommissioning of IT assets.
• Tracks license utilization; performs license audits; respond to license validation requests; track remedial actions
• Perform sample laptop/desktop/telecommunication devices audits on a monthly basis to ensure that devices are assigned to the correct individuals
• Evaluate and configure OCFOs existing asset management software and recommend an alternate software if required
• Coordinate the procurement function of IT assets.
• Receiving inventory and maintaining the inventory room (physical and/or virtual) for IT Equipment (Hardware and Telecommunication)
• Serving as an IT Point-of-Contact on true-up audits and asset renewal projects by gaining agreement on timelines, deliverables and effectively escalating issues.
- Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization. Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.