Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOES – 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 10/18/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
DOES’ Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking a qualified IT Consultant Master, Program Manager (PM) with knowledge and experience in business process engineering. This position is a hands-on leadership role.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 20 years)
Experience in documenting business process, requirements, and test scripts. (Required 16 years)
Thorough understanding of Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and Agile (Required 10 years)
Fluent in English, excellent written and oral communication (Required 8 years)
Overall IT experience (Required 16 years)
Manages functional teams, technical teams, budgets, vendor/client relationship, and work plans for development projects, implementations, network functions, or support services. Identifies and manages risk. Reports status to executives.
This position is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of business-critical functions as it pertains to resourcing, managing, monitoring, communicating, and escalating as appropriate in support of the above mentioned areas. This position is also responsible for collaborating with the account leadership and the client to ensure that PMO services are aligned to the Agency’s strategic plans, have business sponsorship, and have measurable benefits.
Ability to create forward-thinking, program objectives and goals and ability to clearly communicate them to others. Drive change, build trusted relationships, and be an effective problem solver.
- Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
- Develops technical applications to support users.
- Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Performs application upgrades.
- Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.