Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOES – 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 10/21/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ Years writing a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures and/or technical manuals. The position is for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) or executive consultant working independently to consult with managers on strategies and processes.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs writing a variety of technical instruction manuals and how-to guides (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs writing design specs for complex systems (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs expertise and support of MS Office and Visio (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 10 years)
12+ yrs writing, editing and finalizing technical proposals (Required 12 years)
10 + yrs experience aligning IT strategy and planning with company’s business goals. (Required 10 years)
5+ yrs experience simplifying complex concepts or processes to maximize reader comprehension. (Required 5 years)
10+ yrs experience developing software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation to ensure standard use of procedures (Required 10 years)
Communication skills, both written and spoken, English fluency is mandatory (Required 10 years)
The Department of Employment Services (DOES) Paid Family Leave (PFL) is seeking a Technical Writer with specific experience in proposal writing. The Writer will have experience writing successful state, federal and foundation documents in a variety of areas such as PFL tax and benefits systems. It is not a requirement that the Writer is a subject matter expert (SME), but they will interview SMEs and conduct the required research to write and compile technical or business accurate content. The position requires the ability to create, assimilate, and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner.
• Proposal writing experience is mandatory.
• Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
• Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
• Ensures content is of high quality and conforms to standards.
• Acts as the primary liaison and technical lead between DOES and the vendor(s) for the Paid Family Leave Tax System and Benefits System project.
• Help support the drafting of correspondence needed for PFL Tax System and PFL Benefits Administration System.
• Develops software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation to ensure standard use of procedures.
• Provides input for documentation of new or existing programs to ensure information accessibility, as required.
• Designs, develops, troubleshoots, and analyzes software programs to ensure compatibility with hardware systems.
• Coordinates and facilitates communications with other departments and/or commercial vendor(s) to investigate and resolve software matters of significance and to ensure proper functioning of systems.
• Maintains communication with management and customers regarding status of software development and problems.
• Provides the customer base with first level support.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.