DC Government Contract – Department of For-Hire Vehicles
2235 Shannon Place, SE
Washington, DC 20020
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE:
The District of Columbia Department of For-Hire Vehicles (DFHV) regulates taxis, limos, and ridesharing services to provide safe, affordable, and accessible transportation options to DC residents and visitors. Over the last few years, the number of vehicles licensed or registered to provide for-hire services in the District has increased. As part of the growth in the for-hire vehicle ecosystem there is an increased demand of information from DFHV, drivers, companies, and the public to understand trends and insights from the for-hire industry data. DFHV leverages existing technologies to enable it to efficiently analyze, visually present data, and make management decisions based on data driven analysis while providing transparency to the public.
The Project Manager – Microtransit, will support the DFHV’s Microtransit Program including day-to-day operations and implementation of new service zones and other needs of the agency as they arise. The services are intended to allow the agency to quickly respond to changing knowledge requirements that arise when critical projects temporarily warrant more assistance, new projects that require specific skillsets and expertise or when key staff members are unavailable for work due to emergency, accident, illness, family responsibilities, jury services, etc.
The Contractor shall provide temporary support to perform the following:
- Assist in the management of and support the District’s Microtransit program,
including day-to-day operations and implementation of new service zones.
- Organize and execute tasks relative to Microtransit activity projects and perform
process improvement functions.
- Conduct quality testing and data analysis to analyze the business processes and
- Utilize various tools to analyze data and prepare reports with recommendations for
service changes or opportunities.
- Report project status updates and key milestones to senior management, including
- Communicate with stakeholders and gather feedback on the program.
- Participate in outreach planning or events about the program.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum 3 years of experience with transportation data management and analysis;
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating training materials and delivering training;
- Minimum 3 years of experience with studying and making operational improvements;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in customer service related to transportation programs;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience utilizing project management methodologies; and
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Excel, SQL and/or ArcGIS for data analyses.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.