Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 11/12/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer that is an innovator and problem solver. You thrive
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Proven experience in IT field with focus on the technical reporting, system setup, data analysis and analytics. (Required 8 years)
Experience Wireless telecom domain & back office processes (Required 3 years)
Knowledge of Eclipse, ant, subversion, and Github (Required 3 years)
Experience developing AWS cloud stack integration with Telecom back office processing with LAMBDA, Connect (Required 4 years)
Experience developing enterprise applications using Java technologies within a distributed (n-tier) architecture. (Required 8 years)
Analytical and communication skills [verbal & written], team player, collaborating with developers, customers, project managers and business analysts (Required 5 years)
Experience developing enterprise applications that interact with MS SQL Server and/or Oracle databases. (Required 5 years)
6-10 yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities (Required 6 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems (OIS) in direct support of the TANF Assessments & Case Management Application redesign and other related projects.
DHS’s OIS/Application Support Division I is looking for one (1) Senior Application Developer whose primary responsibilities include design, development, delivery and enhancement of Client-Server/Web-Based/Cloud-Based/Mobile Software Applications using application software development languages/environments with Java technologies and AWS.
Typical job responsibilities include:
Develop & support solutions in unique and innovative ways, staying abreast of the latest advances in the following areas:
• Web-based and Mobile-based applications
• Restful API
• Government Social Programs
• Complex integration with distributed systems
• Integration to AWS services * Design solutions for specific business goals
• Assure availability and scalability of web/mobile applications
• Guide peers in implementing new software solutions
• Lead requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
• Lead benchmark, performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified
• Must have experience with Java and related technologies, Glassfish or related, SQL Server, SQL/Procedural Language
• Must have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Capable of design, develop and deploy applications that support users on the case and program management especially with TANF Assessments, Case Management application
• Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of Application/Reports/Query developers
• Provides strategic advice to the lead, management and customers of the OIS
• Capable of implementing programming standards that support a secure and defect free application
• Interacts daily with government clients in order to meet the technical requirements for new initiatives
• Works with Quality Assurance / Quality Control teams to insure the application remains secure and defect free
• Evaluates, designs, and implements accepted programming standards as they relate to the TANF Assessments & Case Management application and infrastructure
• Defines and documents processes to be used by all application developers on the team
• Plans, researches, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies
• Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues
• Updates system and process documentation, produces user guides, ER diagrams, and SOPs as needed – Including Visio Network design drawings
• Other duties as assigned
The incumbent will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
- Develops technical applications to support users.
- Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Performs application upgrades.
- Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.