Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
CFSA – 200 I Street, SE Washington, DC 20003
Position closes 12/06/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Data Manager
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Please describe the results of this set of queries. Insert into tblA (Key, FldA1) VALUES (2,’grape’),(null,’pear’),(3,’apple’),(4,’grape’),(1,’apple’),(null,’bananna’),(9,’orange’); Insert into tblB (Key, FldB1) VALUES (2,’purple’),(null,’green’),(3,’red’),(4,’purple’),(1,’red’),(null,’yellow’),(9,’orange’) SELECT * FROM tblA a INNER JOIN tblB b ON a.Key = b.Key WHERE a.Key IS NULL
11-15 yrs Conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs Preparing complex technical documentation (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 years)
SQL queries (Highly desired 7 Years)
Data quality initiatives, data modeling, or data architecture (Required 11 years)
Experience in Human Services, Child Services, or K-12 Education (Nice to have 2 years)
CFSA is looking for an experienced consultant to lead data cleanup and transition activities related to the implementation of our new Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System (CCWIS). This role will be the owner of the data model for the new system and as such needs to be experienced on translating business needs to the appropriate data structures and relationships. Included in this is the ability to make pragmatic compromises given time, budget, and resource constraints while ensuring the model remains flexible and scalable. This is not a hands-on technical position however solid technical experience in database maintenance (eg performance tuning, indexing strategies, etc), database technologies (eg relational, no sql, graph, etc), and reporting/analysis tools (eg SQL, R, hadoop, scripting, etc) is highly desired. As part of the transition to the new system, this position will also be a key driver in the implementation of formal data quality processes and procedures across the agency. This includes an evaluation of the current state of data quality and coming up with recommendations for what should be done to ensure the new system not only starts off with a baseline of excellent data quality but maintains it going forward. This is a highly visible role and requires someone with excellent communication skills who is able to act as a translator between the technical and program/operational worlds.
• Develop ideal target data model for new CCWIS and work with vendor to implement actual data model
• Evaluate and document current state of data quality
• Come up with and track data quality improvement actions
• Manage Data Quality activities and maintain the CFSA Data Quality Plan
• Maintain data inventories and when possible reduce data capture and maintenance systems
• Develop agendas, schedule meetings, develop action items for the Data Quality Committee and its subcommittees Conduct data quality analysis and develop recommendations for the Committees
• Develop a documentation framework (using online capabilities such as SharePoint, Wiki, other tools) to continuously capture and update data quality standards, exception report processing, data and domain definitions
• Develop and maintain report catalogue
• Support development of a campaign to raise the level of awareness and action on the part of staff members to contribute to solving our data quality issues versus contributing to them
• Work with a system integrator vendor to support data conversion effort
• Develop data conversion quality control and quality assurance processes
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/ products. This is a professional position which may require subject matter expertise consistent with demanding and rare technological skills.
- May require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the application development team
- Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing and project design.
- Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
- Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
- May coordinate activities of application developers.
- Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
- Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
- Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Advanced experience in the required technical subject matter.
- May function as a niche technical SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Has proven experience across large and complex implementations and systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.