Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington DC, 20024
Position closes 02/24/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
DCAS is in need of an experienced professional with the ability manage multiple deadlines across multiple workstreams. The incumbent must have proven project coordination experience, strong ability to synthesize data and provide status reports
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience as a project manager or project coordinator (Required 5 Years)
Exp. In Healthcare industry specifically into latest health reform laws with any prior state/federal projects-SNAP & TANF rules (Highly desired 3 Years)
Strong knowledge of business applications, specifically MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, JIRA (Required 5 Years)
Experience with business process improvement methodologies (Required 5 Years)
Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail (Required 4 Years)
Hands on experience tracking and managing project resources, tasks, milestones and deliverable coordination (Required 5 Years)
Ability to work independently,establish priorities&demonstrate good judgment & facilitation skills;as well as being adaptable to changing priorities (Highly desired 10 Years)
Exp in Proj reporting and Resource Mgmt t or a related area such as Workforce Planning, Project Scheduling, Time booking or Business Change (Required 5 Years)
Team player, quick responsive, individual contributor, coordinator, adaptive to accept changes in complex environment; Task/Goal driven (Highly desired 10 Years)
Strong analytical skills; Proficient Time-management ability; Detail oriented; Excellent written & verbal communication (Highly desired 10 Years)
Demonstrate critical thinking Highly desired Years skills, sound judgment, attention to detail, and strong organizational and communication skills. (Highly desired 10 Years)
High level of organization and the ability to manage and prioritize several tasks/projects simultaneously. (Highly desired 5 Years)
Excellent communication and analytical skills required Excellent client relations and customer services skills required Required 10 Years)
Bachelors degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
DHCF is looking for a PMO Project Coordinator to support the PMO of the DCAS program. We are seeking a motivated person to serve in a multi-faceted role performing as a program or portfolio coordinator. This could serve as an incredible opportunity to be part of a dynamic team involved in hybrid agile project delivery and maturing the PMO. He/She will be an integral part of the team and help to drive the PMO framework and process maturity while helping streamline team operations. This is a critical role responsible for metrics, reporting, process enhancement, PMO practice maturity, improving project delivery, building and managing dashboards. This role will support our implementation of the PPM tool.
This is the right role for you if you’re methodical, calm under pressure, able to juggle conflicting demands and have exceptional attention to detail. A high level of professionalism and positive attitude are crucial as you work closely with our team members to help our team deliver outcomes to our stakeholders.
• Position supports PMO and ensures that strategic initiatives and operational programs/projects are implemented according to PMO best-practices.
• Support development and maintenance of strategic roadmaps and operating models.
• Identify and document program-wide risks, associated mitigations and contingencies, and issues, in conjunction with Project Managers from each project and vendor partner
• Gather, analyze, and verify inputs to status reports, dashboard, and presentations
• Monitoring project plans, schedules, resource allocation, and project-related needs
• Assists with the development, maintenance, and implementation of standard operating procedures in PMO, and seek methods to continuously improve organizational processes
• Support the project intake process and the start-up of projects in the PMO project management tool.
• Provide education on and support of the PMO Toolkit and processes.
• Performs project reviews for compliance to project methodology and governance framework established by the PMO
• Utilizes project management knowledge to aid in the education and implementation of PMO best practices to support continuous improvement initiatives
• Collaborate with partner agency’s to identify and resolve roadblocks, as well as to disseminate best practices
• Maintain tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) and create monthly impact report for program leadership.
• Uses a variety of software programs including word processing, database, graphics, spreadsheet, and project management applications, as well as other custom applications to perform agency specific administrative tasks
• Manage logistics around onboarding of new hires, including working with internal teams to ensure a smooth transition.
• Implement new ways for organizations to share learnings
• Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
- Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
- Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.