Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DCPS – 1200 First Street NE, 9th Floor Washington, DC 20002
Position closes 02/24/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs BA experience (Required 15 Years)
11-15 yrs Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs requirements gathering and documentation (Required 15 Years)
11-15 yrs MS Office/PowerPoint experience (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 Years)
Writing design specs for complex systems (Required 10 Years)
Experience developing Statement of Wok (SOW) (Required 10 Years)
Client Relationship Management experience (Required 8 Years)
Experience in documenting business process, requirements, and test scripts (Required 6 Years)
Business process analysis and the ability to implement change (Required 8 Years)
Experience with MS Project or other Project Management software (Required 3 Years)
Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) mostly Agile (Required 5 Years)
Experience with User Interface Designs for WEB applications (Required 8 Years)
Experience with developing strategies and processes to improve overall business workflow (Required 4 Years)
Experience developing System Requirements Specification (SRS) (Desired 5 Years)
Strong communication skills – ability to articulate technical terms and complex data clearly to non-technical audience both verbally and in writing (Required 10 Years)
Knowledge and understanding of relational databases and SQL (Desired 8 Years)
Experience with Unemployment Insurance (Desired 2 Years)
Experience in documenting business process, requirements, and test scripts. (Required 10 Years)
DOES is seeking to acquire a subject matter expert (SME) with knowledge of business analyses, government request for proposals, and general project management.
This position shall be utilized to support the multiple projects within the Department of Employment Services. The incumbent shall demonstrate knowledge of both business process design and general IT systems knowledge.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems in the implementation of client ‘s new Paid Family Leave Tax and Benefits Systems, as per industry standards.
• Provide subject matter expertise in Tax collection and Benefits distribution systems.
• Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
• Partners with stakeholders and users to perform a thorough analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
• Provides consultation on complex projects and is the top-level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
• Experience with integrating systems with various internal and external systems
• Understands vendor management and contract management in a State and Local government environment.
• Work collaboratively with clients and stakeholders – both external and internal to PFL.
• Research and elicit, analyze, validate and document business requirements.
• Ensure that requirements clearly reflect true business needs, correctly representing all stakeholders.
• Translates business needs into system/application requirements and project components to help determine solutions to business problems.
• Assists team members in producing functional requirements for tool development.
• Proactively identifies and manages changes to requirements and identify risks for HPE’s clients.
• Effectively manages client’s expectations.
Strong Candidate will have:
- Experience with web-based tools such as QuickBase, Smartsheets, Google apps, etc.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively; and communicate current status and tasks to management
- Self-starter able to quickly adapt to new business environments with minimal supervision; strong work ethic and motivated to succeed
- Ability to determine proper course or methodology with minimal direction or supervision while at same time having the judgment to know what and when to escalate
- Keen sense of maximizing return on investment, focusing on the pragmatic 80% solutions rather than a fruitless quest for perfection
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.