OCTO – DCAS- Linux Administrator (621757)
Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
655 15th Street NW, Washington DC, 20005
Position closes 02/25/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Experienced Linux Administrator with proven professional experience in the design,
Development, configuration management, administration and monitoring of a Linux infrastructure.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Professional experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments. (Required 7 Years)
Professional experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc. (Required 5 Years)
Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef. (Required 3 Years)
Proven professional familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc. (Required 5 Years)
Professional experience with virtualization technologies, such as vmWare. (Required 5 Years)
Professional exp. mentoring junior technical staff. (Required 5 Years)
Proven professional ability to build and monitor services on production servers. (Required 5 Years)
Professional knowledge of servers and switches. (Required 5 Years)
Professional knowledge of Drupal, especially Drupal Administration is strongly preferred. (Required 5 Years)
11-15 yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The Office of the Chief Technology Officer is looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, managing and monitoring the system infrastructure.
The incumbent will collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. The incumbent will become an integral part of the team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
The Core duties associated with the role are as follows:
• Candidate will provide systems administration on a variety of Linux/Unix devices, including the following: application server support, design and build new infrastructure environments to host applications and databases, in on-premise (VMware) and cloud (AWS) infrastructures.
• Participate as a member of a large, multi-disciplinary team that works cooperatively to ensure supported applications are available to support the customers mission
• Follow processes, procedures and associated documentation in compliance with Information Systems development and security standards and government guidelines relative to securing personal information maintained in systems
• Prepare and maintain technical documentation relative to the planning, installation and administration of all supported systems
• Provide technical support and troubleshoot application issues/defects • Implement data integration and data access solution via web services (REST API, SOAP, XML)
• Execution and monitoring of system resources and utilities • Administer, monitor and maintain system level security
• Apache, MySQL, nginx installation and configuration.
• Drupal Administration
• Working experience in Advanced Configuration, high-availability clustering, performance tuning and troubleshooting Tomcat/APEX systems
• Understanding multi-tier web application architecture
• System / Application integration and automation experience
• Tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
• Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
• Other related duties as assigned.
This individual will be working closely with our partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met.
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.