Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DMV – 95 M St, SW Washington DC 20024
Position closes 03/02/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
DMV requires contract services of an Information Technology Project Manager who is highly skilled and experienced. Work to be performed in a designated DMV office location.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs in progressive consulting leadership role, providing full lifecycle services in enterprise environment (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs managing, coordinating, and establishing priorities for entire project lifecycle (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (Required)
Expert knowledge and demonstrated skills in building complex Web applications. AJAX expertise and familiarity with Web 2.0 mthodologies (Required 8 Years)
IT project management expertise covering front end user and back end application code and databases (Required 11 Years)
Experience using source code control, change management software packages and application security (Required 7 Years)
Technical knowledge of MS SQL Server, Visual Studio, .NET, Java, DB2, SQL, and web related technologies (Required 8 Years)
Advanced knowledge and experience generating use cases, test plans, and test scripts during requirements gathering, design, development and user test (Required 7 Years)
Skill is documenting requirement specifications through an industry approved software system (Required 7 Years)
Expertise in generating user manuals, training documents and conducting user training for senior management members and user groups (Required 7 Years)
Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills for liaison, technical guidance, project status updates, etc. (Required 8 Years)
Mastery knowledge and skills in applying advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, techniques and standards in the development of complex systems (Required 8 Years)
Technical experience in .NET, Java and other advanced web-based projects (Desired 7 Years)
The D.C. Department of Motor Vehicles, Information Technology Office is responsible for providing technical support to DMV Customer Service Centers and numerous offices in support of DMV’s mission. DMV’s mission is to promote the safe operation of motor vehicles and public safety while providing outstanding customer service. To achieve the mission, DMV has three operational program areas: Driver Services, Vehicle Services and Ticket Services. Periodically, DMV undertakes new projects that require highly skilled and experienced expertise to augment the existing staff.
• Provides direction to a team of software application developers on assigned projects. Develops new concepts, standards and methods to develop/maintain various IT applications for the agency efficiently. Works with the team to develop work plans and schedules, estimate budget, and resources. Define and monitor project milestones and deliverables. Evaluates the status of the project and report regularly to DMV senior management.
• Formulates the vision to DMV senior management and provides expertise when developing new Web-based applications including the design of backend databases. Leverages experience to enhance existing IT applications that employ DB2, MS SQL Server, and or Oracle databases. Leads the effort to migrate existing applications to other web-based platforms.
• Serve as an authoritative technical expert and liaison to management on highly complex IT issues; and as a lead project manager will be responsible for the completion of Software Development Cycle processes related to development and maintenance of large and complex web-based systems in the DCDMV domain.
• The work demands extensive technical guidance and leadership capabilities related to performing many different and unrelated project management methods and techniques related to the development of project plans; the review and approval of technical requirements are met particularly those involving testing, documentation and security certification concerns; and focusing on development and maintenance of large complex web-based solutions that focus on customer service to the public.
• The work primarily involves serving as an authoritative technical expert and liaison to management on highly complex IT issues; and as a lead project manager in assignments such as the completion of Software Development Cycle processes related to development and maintenance of a large and complex web-based system in a DCDMV domain. As a technical authority, the incumbent’s recommendations can have a critical impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Coordinate with Senior Web application developers in OCTO on best practices and strategies related to application development. Organizes the team meetings and Joint Application Development sessions to document requirements through the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Independently plans, designs, and carries out implementation for Web, Internet, and Intranet policies, procedures, and standards to ensure conformance with District Government objectives.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership related to performing many different and unrelated project management methods and techniques; the development of project plans; the review and approval of technical requirements particularly those involving testing, documentation and security certification concerns.
• Communicate with staff members of DCDMV, DMV CIO, Office of Chief Technology Officer, IT personnel from various government agencies and vendor engineers and other project related personnel as required.
• Experience in pre-procurement activities related to IT projects
• Keeps abreast of current application development practices that include trends in latest information technology field.
• Other duties connected to the IT Project Management of large sized project from planning to deployment and maintenance.
- Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
- Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
- Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.