Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DCRA – 1100 4th St SW, Washington, DC 20024
Position closes 03/31/2019
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
6-10 years of experience. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs expertise and support of MS Office (Required 6 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Highly desired 10 Years)
Providing technical support to computer system users by telephone, email, etc. (Required 6 Years)
Maintaining computers, systems and printers (Required 6 Years)
Installing and troubleshooting computer operating systems and software (Required 6 Years)
Expertise in supporting desktop operating systems (Windows 7,8. X, 10 Mac OSX 10.10X) (Required 6 Years)
Strong customer service experience (Required 6 Years)
Experience tracking service requests/incidents using ITSM tool. (Required 6 Years)
Experience with basic Active Directory functions such as: Account creations, Password Resets and OU Management (Required 6 Years)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2010+ and Office 365) (Required 5 Years)
VPN setup (Required 6 Years)
Microsoft Certifications: MCP, CompTIA A+, Windows 10 (Highly desired)
With DC efforts for remote work the need for additional IT support has increased. They are looking for candidates that are willing to come in to the office to prep new computers to be provided to employees that are working remote. This will include some reimage and setting up the new computers. Must have experience working with VPN and remote support. Other skills and experience are listed below.
i. Answer calls in a dynamic IT operations environment; supporting multiple agencies
ii. Provide desktop support for technical issues in a Call Center environment as well as off-site locations throughout the District of Columbia
iii. Log and route service requests and incidents in an incident management system
iv. Create and maintain knowledge articles in the agency’s knowledge management system on a daily basis
v. Provide a high level of customer service to end users on a daily basis
vi. Provide technical expertise related to Microsoft Products, such as Microsoft Office, Windows operating systems, as well as other related Microsoft applications
vii. Troubleshoot issues related to agency specific applications and web applications
viii. Provide technical support for mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones, Android devices and tablets
ix. Collaborate with the IT leadership team to select and implement cost-effective technology for District
x. Maintain service level agreements related to both Call Center and Desk Side support Service/Incident requests
xi. Work with other technical teams to coordinate multi-tiered technical support for outages, widespread security incidents
xii. Adhere to all Enterprise-wide security policies related to security and integrity of District-owned Resources1. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Reviews content of technical documentation for quality.
- Produces technical and scientific illustrations for presentations and/or publication, as appropriate to the requirements.
- Ensures that documents follow the style laid out in the company’s style guide.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.