Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
MPD – 300 Indiana Ave, NW Washington DC 20001
Position closes 04/13/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
MPD Information Technology Bureau (ITB) is seeking an experienced PM 11-15 years of experience. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs BA experience (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 Years)
Previous experience with NIBRS implementation (Required 1 Years)
Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan. Work towards incorporating NIBRS certification goal and timeline. (Required 1 Years)
Experience working with FBI program and project teams in regards to NIBRS standards (Required 1 Years)
Experience with public safety applications (Highly desired 5 years)
11-15 yrs Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs requirements gathering and documentation (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs MS Office/PowerPoint experience (Required 11 Years)
11 years of project management and related experience (Required 11 Years)
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred (Highly desired)
MPD Information Technology Bureau (ITB) is seeking an experienced Project Manager for implementation of NIBRS based project for its Records Management System. The selected candidate will be experienced in field of project management and must have managed large implementations. Experience in public safety is highly desirable and will be considered advantageous.
Specific project manager responsibilities include developing detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation and delivering every project on time within budget and scope. Selected candidate should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis. Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks is required for this position. One also needs to be a team player and have a problem-solving aptitude.
This is a 100% project-based position with an anticipated term end of August 2021, at which time the term of this position would also end.
Responsibilities for Project Manager
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of assigned tasks. Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Work with vendor, partners & MPD internal resources to obtain pre-certification and final certification as specified in objectives of the NIBRS grant
- Determine and define project scope and objectives. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Prepare budget and time based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan. Work towards incorporating NIBRS certification goal and timeline into the complete project plan.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress. Also provide update to FBI for updates on NIBRS certification.
- Manage contracts with vendors and partners by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
Qualifications for Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- 11 years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Previous experience with public safety applications will be considered an advantage
- Previous experience with NIBRS implementation will be considered an advantage
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.