Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20024
Position closes 05/28/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The position is established to serve as a Cloud Architect in the DCAS Project. The candidate is primarily responsible for designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing. The candidate will analyze system r
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 16 Years)
16+ yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Knowledge of system dev. in cloud environments,including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) (Required 8 Years)
Proven experience in migration of on-premise system to one of a major cloud provide (AWS, AZURE, Oracle). (Required 8 Years)
Expert knowledge of IT principles, methods and practices of network systems. (Required 8 Years)
Expert knowledge of IT System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies (Required 5 Years)
Expert knowledge of network architecture principles and concepts, topology and protocols (Required 5 Month)
Ability to think strategically about bus., product, and tech. challenges w/ability to implement cloud services in a variety of dist. computing environment (Required 8 Years)
In depth knowledge of configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet (Required 8 Years)
In depth knowledge of infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell) (Required 8 Years)
Expert knowledge of integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc. (Required 8 Years)
Demonstrated knowledge with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.) (Required 5 Years)
Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment. (Required 8 Years)
Proven ability to provide senior level customer service support within a network environment (Required 8 Years)
Broad and proven knowledge and skill in locating and presenting the results of information searches in an accurate and understandable manner (Required 8 Years)
Proven experience presenting data to decision makers with substantive material for recommendations, determinations and/or solutions (Required 10 Years)
Excellent verbal&written skills are req. to present analyses, conclusions and recommendations to a wide range of staff at varying levels (Required 10 Years)
This position is housed under the Department of Healthcare Finance in direct support of the DC Access System (DCAS). Candidate works under the general executive supervision and oversight of the DCAS Program Director in conjunction with an aligned line report. Candidate must exercise independent judgment and creativity in executing duties and responsibilities and will handle all routine assignments independently, planning and organizing work for themselves, as well as, for less senior staff. Candidate must consult with senior IT technicians and DCAS Supervisory Program Director when addressing issues that are controversial, unprecedented or will have significant impact on program operations. Candidate’s work is reviewed for the achievement of broad objectives and soundness of conclusions and recommendations. The candidate also interacts with representatives of other District and federal agencies, including auditors, as necessary to assure quality assurance. This includes in-person, telephone, electronic and written communication.
The candidate will become an integral part of the DCAS Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
The Core duties associated with the role are as follows:
• Candidate will serve as an integral part of the DCAS Project and work in close coordination with the DCAS Administration to ensure that DCAS infrastructure is fully optimized on a third-party cloud environment.
• The candidate designs and implements enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing;
• Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications.
• The candidate will lead highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments, data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications desired.
• Participates in all projects and activities associated with the installing, configuring, testing and upgrading of servers, hardware components and software associated with the DCAS cloud environment; takes appropriate actions, as required, to ensure program requirements are achieved.
• The candidate will be required to provides support to customers and users with regards to system access and network services and to conduct studies of DCAS in order to identify the need to upgrade or enhance network component capabilities in response to network problems and deficiencies.
• The candidate will plan, design, develop and integrate network systems consistent with existing or planned networks and DCAS business requirements, and respond to trouble calls and issues involving hardware, operating system software and network problem.
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.