Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 07/07/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Master Level Business Analyst with proven professional experience in capture, verify and manage requirements and requirements traceability in support of product development, test and delivery.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Proven experience in experience in a Business Analyst/ Business Data Analyst role (Required 10 Years)
Proven experience in Agile and SCRUM SDLC methodologies (Required 12 Years)
Proven experience in superior writing, communication, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and work cross-functionally with senior management (Required 16 Years)
Experience with modeling tools such as Visio and requirements management tools such as Contour or Jira is a plus (Required 12 Years)
Have the ability to work well in a team collaborating with developers, customers, project manager and quality test analysts. (Required 16 Years)
16 yrs documenting user requirements (Required 16 Years)
16 yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems (OIS) in direct support of the TANF related applications stabilization, enhancements and operations and maintenance redesign and other related projects.
The Application Support Division I is looking for a Master-Level to Business Analyst whose primary responsibilities include Capture, verify, and manage requirements and requirements traceability in support of product development, test and delivery. Develop requirements, workflow and system analysis. Work with business stakeholders and users to develop software requirements and specifications for current system enhancements, new system functionality and new projects for use by customers. Analyze, design and evaluate computer systems to address and satisfy business requirements. Establish functional, non-functional and performance specifications. Develop effective guidelines and ensure all project documentation meets established guidelines. Conduct business and technical presentations for the customer. Provide innovation solutions to complex technical problems. Understand and communicate government policies and regulations, operational mission and goals for assigned programs. Collaborate with developers and QA to ensure business and system requirements are met, and to enhance functionality. Attend required training. Perform backup support outside of the primary position function as assigned.
Candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of business aligned IT services. Ensuring the application platform is of high quality, defects free and adheres to industry standards for development, testing and deployment methodologies.
Candidate must have at least five years of experience in software requirements analysis and documentation. Ability to work with all levels of client from end users to managers to obtain detailed system requirements. Excellent communication skills, the ability to facilitate working meetings, ask probing questions to elicit requirements and ability to understand the feedback to comprehend client responses to translate into documentable requirements. Critical thinking and analysis skills. Excellent writing skills to clearly document and communicate stakeholder requirements at various levels from high level to detailed. Experience in creating system and user documentation is also required. Working experience with Microsoft Office tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with modeling tools such as Visio, Balsamic and requirements management tools such as Contour or Jira is a must. Experience with Agile and SDLC methodologies.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Interview and collaborate with stakeholders at multiple management levels to obtain requirements
• Document and manage software requirements
• Provide support for Developers, Test Team and client stakeholders in the creation and implementation of requirements
• Develop and update software Documentation
• Develop and update User Guides
• Design Document/RTM drafts
• Develop software Release Notes
• Develop Process Analysis and Standard Operating Procedures
• Provide Process and system diagrams using available tools
• Provides strategic advice to the lead, management and customers of the OIS.
• Capable of implementing programming standards that support a secure and defect free application.
• Interacts daily with government clients in order to meet the technical requirements for new initiatives.
• Works with Quality Assurance / Quality Control teams to insure the application remains secure and defect free.
• Evaluates, designs, and implements accepted programming standards as they relate to the SNAP E&T application and infrastructure.
• Defines and documents processes to be used by all application developers on the team.
• Plans, researches, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies.
• Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues.
• Updates system and process documentation, produces user guides, ER diagrams, and SOPs as needed – Including Visio Network design drawings.
• Other duties as assigned.
The candidates will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
- Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs. Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
- Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
- Assists all phases of software systems programming applications.
- Evaluates new and existing software products.