Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington DC, 20024
Position closes 07/20/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Experienced Oracle DBA with proven professional experience operating in a senior role ensuring database patching, testing, designing and planning for Oracle database deployments.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 16 Years)
16+ yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 16 Years)
Professional exp. with high volume Oracle Database administration. (Required 8 Years)
Professional exp. with installation, setup & configuration with Oracle 12c databases. (Required 2 Years)
Professional exp performing DR, RMAN backup & recovery planning and design. (Required 5 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience (Compt. Science or Engineering preferred). (Required)
Professional exp. writing UNIX shell scripts for Oracle software and patch installation. (Required 5 Years)
Professional exp. mentoring junior technical staff. (Required 5 Years)
Professional exp. in change management process for managing change of a complex environment. (Required 3 Years)
Professional exp. in system architecture, DataBase & Schema design as well as high availability concepts. (Required 5 Years)
Proven knowledge base in SQL, PL/SQL,Perl and Linux shell scripting. (Required 3 Years)
Knowledge of the Curam platform desired. (Highly desired 4 Years)
This position is housed under DHCF in direct support of the DC Access System (DCAS).
The DHCF’s DCAS Program is looking for a Senior Oracle Database Engineer with strong technical skill set. The engineer will work on critical Oracle database systems, the duties include database patching, testing, designing and planning for Oracle database deployments.
This senior role involves monitoring, trouble-shooting database issues, maintenance, backup and disaster recovery support for the production, testing, staging and development of Oracle databases.
The incumbent will also provide database support for data warehousing environments and other business applications utilizing Oracle as the database platform; effectively communicate, adhere to Change Control Board processes, interact with stake holders to assure information that affects operations is communicated to the proper recipients in a timely manner.
The incumbent will become an integral part of the DCAS Team working with all related teams towards the overall goal of the successful system implementation and management of DCAS so as to provide efficient services to the citizens of the District of Columbia.
The Core duties associated with the role are as follows:
• Install, setup & configure Oracle 12c databases
• Perform Oracle Grid Control installation, configuration, monitoring, provisioning, patching and maintenance
• Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
• Disaster Recovery, RMAN backup & recovery planning and design
• Administer and troubleshoot Oracle databases including security patching, SQL tuning, capacity planning, and schema design.
• Implement, maintain, Golden Gate Replication and Active Data Guard.
• Load balancing, Query optimization, Schema design and database performance tuning…
• Write UNIX shell scripts for Oracle software and patch installations.
• Experience with optimizing and supporting large multi-terabyte production database.
• Strong understanding of Linux operating system, storage solutions.
• System architecture, Data Base & Schema design as well as high availability concepts.
• Experience in change management process for managing change of a complex environment.
• Exceptional Analytic/Problem-solving/Troubleshooting expertise and attention to detail.
• Strong skills in SQL, PL/SQL, Perl and Linux shell scripting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively with engineers and system administrators.
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.