Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
1015 Half Street, SE Suite 750, Washington, DC 20003
Position closes 07/24/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
6-10 years of experience. Responds to and diagnoses Desktop and Laptop problems through discussion with users.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6 years taking calls and prioritizing issues for escalation. (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs diagnosing and resolving end user computer/computer peripherals problemse (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs providing second-tier support to end users, server, or mainframe apps/hardware (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs documenting, tracking and monitoring end user, server, or mainframe apps/hardware problems (Required 6 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent (Required)
The District of Columbia Board of Elections (DCBOE) is the independent agency of the District government responsible for the administration of elections, ballot access, and voter registration. DCBOE consists of three active Board members, an Executive Director, a General Counsel, and a number of support staff who run the day-to-day operations of the Agency.
The mission of BOE is to enfranchise eligible residents, conduct elections, and assure the integrity of the electoral process. This mission is mandated by federal and local statutes. The schedule of elections, which is dictated by law, requires flexibility in the funding levels established from year to year. This mission is executed through the operation of the District’s voter registration system; by administration of the ballot access process for candidates and measures; through the delivery of comprehensive public, media, and voter information services, by maintenance of technical systems to support voting, ballot tabulation, and electronic mapping of election district boundaries; through planning and implementation of each District of Columbia election; and through the performance of legal counsel, rulemaking, and adjudication functions.
The DCBOE is looking to staff a team of help desk agents to assist with requests to assist in the troubleshooting and fixing of technical equipment at voting sites across the District of Columbia. They will catalog all issues in central system and follow up on all requests in a timely manner. DCBOE is looking for resources with strong customer service skills and ability to work with clients in a high volume in a high pressure scenario.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.