Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
1015 Half Street, SE Suite 750, Washington, DC 20003
Position closes 07/28/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
1-5 years of experience. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Experience with hands on technical support of desktops, TCP/IP, and some network peripherals (Required 1 Year)
Experience with troubleshooting technical issues that affect multiple users (I.e. service outages, email, and connectivity issues) (Required 1 Year)
Excellent communication skills able to write status reports and brief senior leadership on status of issues (Required 1 Year)
1-5 yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 1 Year)
1-5 yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 1 Year)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The District of Columbia Board of Elections (DCBOE) is the independent agency of the District government responsible for the administration of elections, ballot access, and voter registration. DCBOE consists of three active Board members, an Executive Director, a General Counsel, and a number of support staff who run the day-to-day operations of the Agency.
The mission of BOE is to enfranchise eligible residents, conduct elections, and assure the integrity of the electoral process. This mission is mandated by federal and local statutes. The schedule of elections, which is dictated by law, requires flexibility in the funding levels established from year to year. This mission is executed through the operation of the District’s voter registration system; by administration of the ballot access process for candidates and measures; through the delivery of comprehensive public, media, and voter information services, by maintenance of technical systems to support voting, ballot tabulation, and electronic mapping of election district boundaries; through planning and implementation of each District of Columbia election; and through the performance of legal counsel, rulemaking, and adjudication functions.
DCBOE is looking for an entry level IT consultant with some hands on training with desktop support, some application support and exposure to database technology. The ideal candidate will have a degree and some entry level experience in a small environment where they were exposed to a variety of IT tasks and projects. The agency is looking for someone who is confident to help with hands on IT tasks and is willing to ask questions and be assertive.
- Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
- Develops technical applications to support users.
- Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Performs application upgrades.
- Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.