Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOEE – 1200 1st Street NE Suite 500 Washington, DC 20002
Position closes 08/26/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
6-10 years of experience. Position requires 6 or more years of specialized experience with DOEE’s Stormwater Database and programs served by that database.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 6 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs designing, developing, and implementing approaches to challenges within DOEE’s Stormwater Database (Required 6 Years)
6-10 years working on programs served by DOEE’s SWDB, including DOEE’s stormwater management regulations and Stormwater Retention Credit program (Required 6 Years)
Technical writing and oral communication skills sufficient to describe, explain, and provide guidance on DOEE’s SWDB and programs served by the SWDB (Required 4 Years)
This position requires 6 or more years of experience designing, developing, and implementing modules in DOEE’s Stormwater Database. Position also requires 6 or more years of experience working with programs that are served by the database, including DOEE’s stormwater management regulations and Stormwater Retention Credit trading program. Position also requires technical writing skills and oral communication skills sufficient to describe and provide guidance related to the SWDB, programs served by the SWDB, and related changes.
- Applies expertise with SWDB and related programs to design, develop, and implement workable approaches to database and program challenges.
- Provides coaching and training to other staff working on the SWDB and related programs.
Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Communicates orally and in writing at an expert level on issues related to the SWDB and programs served by the SWDB, including related changes.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/ products. This is a professional position which may require subject matter expertise consistent with demanding and rare technological skills.
- May require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the application development team
- Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing and project design.
- Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
- Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
- May coordinate activities of application developers.
- Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
- Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
- Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Advanced experience in the required technical subject matter.
- May function as a niche technical SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Has proven experience across large and complex implementations and systems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.