Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OSSE – 1050 1st Street NE Washington, DC 20002
Position closes 09/22/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements at strategic level.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs. Business process analysis and business systems analysis experience (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s or Masters degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 8 Years)
Experience in documenting business process, requirements, and test scripts (Required 12 Years)
Business process analysis strategy and the ability to implement change (Required 12 Years)
Experience with developing strategies and processes to improve overall business workflow (Required 12 Years)
Client Relationship Management experience (Required 16 Years)
Strong communication skills – ability to articulate technical terms and complex data clearly to non-technical audience both verbally and in writing (Required 16 Years)
Understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) (Highly desired 12 Years)
Experience with MS Office + MS Project or other Project Management software (Required 12 Years)
The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) is seeking a qualified Business Process Strategist (BPS). The BPS must have experience engaging with business users and leader at a strategic level to reviewing and analyzing business processes, process flows, requirements, design business strategies, and providing consultation on complex projects as a top level leader. The BPS must have an education background and preferably experience of working in an education agency, either at a leadership role or closely with agency leadership contributing at a strategic level. The BPS will lead a team responsible for business process re engineering with OSSE divisions as a part of the data modernization initiative.
1) Engage with business users and division leadership at strategic level to streamline business and processes; 2) Lead the team to design the To-be business processes, process flows and requirements in consultation with business users and technology teams;
3) Document the existing gaps in the business processes and design strategies for streamlining and improving process efficiencies;
4) Identify areas and data requirements for research/analytical needs.
1) Masters/Bachelors degree;
2) 15+ yrs experience as a business process strategist with developing strategies/processes to optimize business processes; experience with data intense business operations, requirements gathering and documentation, managing client relationships, business process analysis, knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and familiarity with FERPA requirements;
3) Research/analysis background will be a plus; strong and clear written and verbal communication skills.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.