Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
MPD – 300 Indiana Ave, NW Washington DC 20001
Position closes 10/06/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Expert at architecture & design of analytic solutions w data lakes, data warehouses and BI platforms. Deep expertise w data warehousing, data modeling, master data management, metadata, pipelines, integrations, BI, and advanced analytical concepts.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Designing and development of data warehouses (both traditional and cloud based) (Required 16 Years)
Leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 12 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 20 Years)
Experience in providing cloud-based data warehouse solutions such as AWS and Azure. (Highly desired 3 Years)
Experience with Tableau, Informatica, Cognos, MS SQL and MySQL (Required 10 Years)
Knowledge of functional and technical specification development. (Required 16 Years)
Experience as a Data Warehouse Architect using MS SQL Server, Informatica and any other streaming tools such as Attunity or Kafka (Required 12 Years)
Experience with SQL ETL development/programming (Required 12 Years)
Experience as a Data/Enterpirse Architect (Required 16 Years)
Experience diagramming/modeling using structured modeling language like UML (Required 12 Years)
• Design and develop cutting-edge data solutions using existing and emerging (cloud) platforms
• Elicitation and analysis of data requirements; implementation of data architecture projects
• Deep knowledge of information architecture methodologies; enterprise wide data architecture for designing and building data lakes, data warehouses and marts and BI reporting databases
• Building and enforcing data standards; managing data diagrams and process flows
• Design, create and optimize complex queries for data extraction, transformation and load (ETL) processes
• Architect solutions for the design and implementation of Big Data Infrastructure.
• Administer user access and security and implement user-defined security rules
• Define information models supporting data assets of complex data structures represented in various data management systems such as graph, relational and hierarchical
• Guide other teams to design, develop, and deploy data sets and tools that support product use cases
• Maintain data standards in compliance w DC Government, Federal and CJIS requirements
- Operate as a Trusted advisor (expert data architect); helps in shaping use cases and implementation plans
- Excellent work ethic centered on collaborative, sharing of knowledge and a we will find a solution mindset
- An expert problem solver who is open minded, flexible and has high energy
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.