Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE, Suite 5500, Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 11/12/2020
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 20 Years)
12 Years’ Experience with database design and configuration (Required 12 Years)
12 Years’ Experience with solution architecture and design (Required 12 Years)
16 Years’ Experience in designing architectures for systems and solutions (Required 16 Years)
8 Years’ Experience in consulting management and stakeholders in architecture (Required 8 Years)
8 Years’ Experience with enterprise architectures, data modeling and ETL architecture (Required 8 Years)
16 Years’ Experience in documenting business process, requirements, and test scripts. (Required 16 Years)
12 Years’ Experience of standard database concepts (query optimization, database tuning, data modelling, etc.) (Required 12 Years)
5 Year Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, and/or AWS or other cloud IAAS providers (Required 5 Years)
8 Years’ Experience with bi-directional traceability between source requirements and product or sub-product requirements. (Required 8 Years)
7 Years Strong experience with SQL 2012 and above (Required 7 Years)
5 Years Proven track record driving requirements sessions and JAR & JAD sessions for an SDLC (Required 5 Years)
7 Years Experienced in web technologies with mobile app design experience (Required 7 Years)
7 Years’ Experience of SQL, SQLDB design and development including Stored Procedures (Required 7 Years)
16 Years Strong Software development experience. (Required 16 Years)
6 Years Proficiency in multiple versions (1.1 to Core 2.0) of the .NET Framework (Required 6 Years)
5 Years .Net Entity Framework (Required 5 Years)
The DC Department of Employment Services (DOES) is seeking an Enterprise Architect, who is a senior level Architect and Project Manager and can provide architecture support to drive technical projects aimed at process improvement that provide bottom-line performance gains.
This position requires experience managing architecture for complex systems and deliver high-quality deliverables that meet or exceed timeline and budgetary targets.
The candidate must be an excellent communicator, capable of leveraging technical, business, and financial acumen to communicate effectively with stakeholders both internal and external to the agency. The position requires cross-functional supervision, team building, vendor management, client relations and presentations business and IT planning.
The ideal candidate will be able to
• Document the desired future state of application architecture and document the gaps between current and future states. Define transition plans to close the gaps.
• Design, document and drive adoption of enterprise-wide architectures and frameworks.
• Provides technical oversight to vendor solution implementations
• Assume a leadership role in establishing and ensuring compliance with IT governance policies and initiatives including standards, best practices and policies.
• Serve as subject matter expert in multiple technology areas.
• Leads and coordinates IT architecture, IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
• Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
• Assure that solution designs meet requirements for scalability, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
• Participate in the assessment and resolution of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
• Work with software engineers, QA engineers, technical writers, configuration management and infrastructure, as needed, to ensure quality and the successful implementation of new applications or features.
• Assist IT Managers in assessing feature and requirement tradeoffs.
• Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
• Participates in requirements gathering as a collaborator with team.
• As needed, leads code development of data system, then tests and deploys system.
• Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
• Provides consultation on complex projects and is the top-level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.