Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 03/16/2021
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Salesforce developer will design, code, test and implement new Salesforce software applications to meet project objectives and support new or expanding business objectives. This will include analysis, testing and deployment of new or updated software
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Experience as a Software Developer (.NET/Java) (Required 16 Years)
Experience as a Business Analyst (Desired 8 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 10 Years)
Requirements gathering and documentation experience (Required 8 Years)
MS Office/PowerPoint experience (Required 10 Years)
Demonstrated Work Experience as a Salesforce Certified Platform Developer (Required 5 Years)
Demonstrated Work Experience with APEX Programming Language (Required 5 Years)
Demonstrated Work Experience with VisualForce (Required 5 Years)
Demonstrated Work Experience with Lightning (Required 5 Years)
Experience with Salesforce Security Models. (Required 5 Years)
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and agency goals.
- Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving agency mission requirements.
- Communicate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Strong experience delivering Salesforce training, to include the development of training materials, presentations, and train-the-trainer services.
- Act as the Salesforce Subject Matter Expert familiar with all functional and technical aspects of the Salesforce platform and able to communicate these aspects to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
- Interact directly with clients, managers and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instances.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical terms and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Extremely strong written and verbal skills.
- Salesforce Developer Certification.
- The ability to integrate Salesforce applications with applications built on other platforms and written in different coding languages.
- Evaluate existing CRM and case management processes and determine potential Salesforce-enabled enhancements.
- Oversee solutions design and delivery, including integration with existing architecture.
- Identify opportunities for CRM and Einstein Analytics automation.
- Collaborate with business application owners to advance development of key market tools.
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow.
- Collaborate with various internal departments, to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.