Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOES – 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 03/23/2021
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
A BSA with strong knowledge of testing IT systems. This position shall be utilized to support the multiple projects related with UI Systems. They Shall demonstrate knowledge of testing systems (UAT) test management, defect management, defect report , BSA
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 11 Years)
Software Testing Experience (Required 11 Years)
Experience with defect management processes and tools. (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 Years)
Experience with writing test plans and reports. (Required 11 Years)
MS Office/PowerPoint experience (Required 11 Years)
Writing testing specs for complex systems (Required 5 Years)
Experience in documenting business process, requirements, and test scripts (Required 6 Years)
BA experience (Required 5 Years)
working in an Agile environment (Required 5 Years)
Experience developing use cases (Required 5 Years)
Experience in documenting business process and requirements (Required 8 Years)
Agile Certification like CSM, SAFe agilest or PMP certification (Required)
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Formulates and defines testing scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems in the implementation of client‘s new Unemployment Insurance Systems, as per industry standards.
• Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of test requirements, and translation into proper system testing requirements specifications.
• Review and analyze system specifications
• Develop test cases in collaboration with other testers
• Execute the tests and report success/failures of the test cases
• Report bugs and errors to development team
• Help troubleshoot issues
• Conduct post-release testing
• Work among a broad software development team to ensure continued software quality assurance throughout the entire software development lifecycle
• Support testing with core software applications, middleware, APIs, and other enterprise applications
• Work with Release Management team to create and maintain automated build verifications and smoke tests with tools like Selenium
• Develop ad hoc query and scripting programs
• Support establishment and maintenance of system testing best practices and methodologies.
• Support data analysis and data verification in an automated, fast-paced, test driven environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience; or a current Project Management
Strong Candidate will have:
- Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively; and communicate current status and tasks to management
- Self-starter able to quickly adapt to new business environments with minimal supervision; strong work ethic and motivated to succeed
- Ability to determine proper course or methodology with minimal direction or supervision while at same time having the judgment to know what and when to escalate
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.