Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOES – 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 03/10/2022
11-15 years of experience. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs. BA experience (Required 12 Years)
11-15 yrs. Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 12 Years)
11-15 yrs. requirements gathering and documentation (Required 12 Years)
11-15 yrs. MS Office/PowerPoint experience (Required 12 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 16 Years)
Writing design specs for complex systems (Required 10 Years)
Client Relationship Management experience (Required 8 Years)
Business process analysis and the ability to implement change (Required 8 Years)
Experience with MS Project or other Project Management software (Required 3 Years)
Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) mostly Agile (Required 5 Years)
Experience with User Interface Designs for WEB applications (Required 8 Years)
Experience with developing strategies and processes to improve overall business workflow (Required 4 Years)
Experience developing use cases (Required 5 Years)
Strong communication skills – ability to articulate technical terms and complex data clearly to non-technical audience both verbally and in writing (Required 8 Years)
Knowledge and understanding of relational databases and SQL (Required 8 Years)
Must have SQL and SSRS experience (Required 10 Years)
The Client is seeking to acquire a Business Systems Analyst with extensive business analysis experience. This position shall be utilized to support the multiple projects related to Paid Family Leave System. The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge of business process design and general IT systems knowledge.
The ideal Candidate will be providing the business requirements expertise to the project daily. Assignments include working with vendor resources to monitor the progress of delivering system requirements, evaluating the quality of deliverables against business requirements, and assessing the quality of use cases, test cases, and system requirements. The Candidate will partner with vendor and agency IT teams to ensure quality software development and product implementation. The Candidate will also perform Project Management activities related to their area of involvement.
The solution is mainly in a .NET environment; hence Candidate should know the .net and Microsoft environment, including SQL, SQL Server, SharePoint, interfaces, etc. The Candidate must have SQL and SSRS experience. The project will use a hybrid (agile and waterfall) approach to deliver the system. The project is in post-production.
The ideal Candidate will be able to:
· Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems per industry standards.
· Provide subject matter expertise in Paid Family Leave
· Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
· Partners with stakeholders and users Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
· Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered the top-level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of applying technology to the current and future business environment.
· Experience with integrating systems with various internal and external systems
· Understands vendor management and contract management State and Local government environment.
Qualifications & Expertise:
· Expert level experience in documenting the business process and flow
· Experience aligning IT strategy and planning with the company’s business goals.
· Experience delivering highly scalable architecture solution that supports mobile and web
· Experienced in web technologies with mobile app design experience
· Experience with large complex data sets
· Communication skills, both written and spoken, business level English mandatory.
· Strong documentation skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience; or a current Project Management
Strong Candidate will have:
- Ability to communicate positively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively; and communicate current status and tasks to management
- Self-starter able to quickly adapt to new business environments with minimal supervision; strong work ethic, and motivated to succeed
- Ability to determine the proper course or methodology with minimal direction or supervision while at the same time having the judgment to know what and when to escalate
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.